Unit 10 - SWOT

ktuk
ktuk Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
Hello

Sorry for yet another unit 10 question but this is my last unit and I've hit a wall!

I'm trying to complete my SWOT analysis for my system but I am totally stuck with the opportunities & threats as I'm told these are meant to be external factors? Can anyone advise on the sorts of things that they included in their projects under these headings?

Appreciate any help

Comments

• Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Not sure about the external factors, but I had a lot of strengths and a lot of weaknesses based on the procedure used within the company, which are not really external.

I did it on the purchase ledger system and before splitting it in a SWOT analysis, I had written down the whole procedure of how the company works in bullet points, based on that, I used part of those bullet points as strenghts and weaknesses and the rest was used to explain the current procedures. Doesn't sound very external to me.

The fraud matrix and the contingency plans I put in separately though.
  • reddwarf
    reddwarf Registered Posts: 528 Epic contributor 🐘
    I ahd a look see as I've yet to do this.

This is wikpedia;

Internal and external factorsThe aim of any SWOT analysis is to identify the key internal and external factors that are important to achieving the objective. These come from within the company's unique value chain. SWOT analysis groups key pieces of information into two main categories:

Internal factors – The strengths and weaknesses internal to the organization.
    External factors – The opportunities and threats presented by the external environment to the organization. -
    The internal factors may be viewed as strengths or weaknesses depending upon their impact on the organization's objectives. What may represent strengths with respect to one objective may be weaknesses for another objective. The factors may include all of the 4P's; as well as personnel, finance, manufacturing capabilities, and so on. The external factors may include macroeconomic matters, technological change, legislation, and socio-cultural changes, as well as changes in the marketplace or competitive position. The results are often presented in the form of a matrix.
  • reddwarf
    reddwarf Registered Posts: 528 Epic contributor 🐘
    Before you ask! The 4P's are Product Place Price and Promotion (marketing stuff!)
Privacy Policy