Distance learning level 3

Options
dark_knight
dark_knight Registered Posts: 14 New contributor 🐸
I am due to start AAT level 3 this month via distance learning with Osbourne Books and have a few questions:-

1) I have spoken to the AAT helpline and still none the wiser with regards to training provider. I am a bookkeeper so feel i have the ability to self study on this level but a training provider is needed. Obviously I need to have a training provider for the exams but do they (bpp/kaplan etc) allow their training number to be used by external students when applying as a student?
2) I have looked at the syllabus for AP1 and AP2 which look fairly straightforward to take the exams. Can 2 exams be done on the same day

Thanks

Comments

• JaffasGirl
    JaffasGirl Registered Posts: 387 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi,

You dont need a trainer provider to take the exams, you can do those as an external student and i know that Kaplan and BPP allow you to just pay for the exam, and go to their centres to take them.

You need a learning provider for the 'project' units, as they are marked externally, and your result passed on to the AAT.

As for a 'student number' all you need is your AAT membership number to take the exams.

not sure about taking two exams on the same day, I would call whoever you decide to use to check.

hope that helps.
  • dark_knight
    Options
    Ok so for all intents and purposes i could do the project based unit (spreadsheets i think) after paying for just that unit and after it has been marked carry on at my own pace without a training company. then when i need to do the exam book in at say bpp as an external student?

Thanks for your reply BTW
  • BeccaLouJ9
    BeccaLouJ9 Registered Posts: 896 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I think what you're saying is what I do. I do distance learning, and just buy the books from BPP and then take the exam wherever it is on closest to me. I did a skills test which was sent to my work and overseen by my manager, then sent back for marking. I haven't done any projects yet, but the spreadsheets one is the one I will be doing after Indirect Tax. I do it all whenever suits me, and at my own pace. The only thing putting pressure on me at the moment regarding time, is the new Qual changover. xx
  • JaffasGirl
    Options
    Ok so for all intents and purposes i could do the project based unit (spreadsheets i think) after paying for just that unit and after it has been marked carry on at my own pace without a training company. then when i need to do the exam book in at say bpp as an external student?

Thanks for your reply BTW

yep thats it, you dont need to sign up for the whole year, you could even do each unit with a different provider if you wanted to.

I'm studying like this at the moment, bought the books from BPP and just booked the exam at their centre. easy peasy.
  • dark_knight
    Options
    Thanks for the replies - 1 final question on the aat student registration form it requests the name of your training provider. if i am not studying with a training provider what do i need to put in here?
  • JaffasGirl
    Options
    You can put down any training provider. I put BPP as that is where I am taking my exams.
Privacy Policy