ATT Results

Options
andrewtdk
andrewtdk Registered Posts: 150 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
I know a few people on here were talking about doing ATT and wondered if anyone sat the exams in Novemeber as the results were anounced yesterday.

I managed to pass my final unit (practice admin and ethics) although i was worried i hadnt passed as the ATT results were not very clear.

Somehow managed to pass them all first time, hopefully if anyone else sat exams you had similar success

Andrew

Comments

• jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Well done Andrew, hopefully I'll sit my first ATT exam in May.

Congratulations on your qualification :thumbup:

Are you studying anything else?
  • andrewtdk
    Options
    Cheers, when i was doing ATT i did keep considering carrying on to do CTA but when i think back on how much work the ATT was im not sure id give CTA the time it would need.

Also im not sure i could cope with doing 60 hours of CPD a year the ATT's 45 hours seems plenty to me.

Which units are you looking to take in May?
  • jilt
    Options
    Cheers, when i was doing ATT i did keep considering carrying on to do CTA but when i think back on how much work the ATT was im not sure id give CTA the time it would need.

Also im not sure i could cope with doing 60 hours of CPD a year the ATT's 45 hours seems plenty to me.

Which units are you looking to take in May?

Yes at this stage I'd quite like to do CTA but we'll see. I think my husband is a bit fed up with my studying lol

I'm hoping to sit paper 3, business tax higher skills. Which papers did you sit?
  • andrewtdk
    Options
    I took unit 3 business tax higher skills as my option, its not an easy one but with the overlap with paper one i felt like i was only doing 1 and a half papers at a time so it didnt feel too bad. I liked doing two papers in one sitting as i means the course can take just over a year which isnt too bad.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I've just ordered my text books for the May exams:
    Personal Tax and VAT.

Not sure if I'm sitting them both together or not - undecided at present.

Eeeeeek!!!
  • jilt
    Options
    Monsoon wrote: Β»
    I've just ordered my text books for the May exams:
    Personal Tax and VAT.

Not sure if I'm sitting them both together or not - undecided at present.

Eeeeeek!!!

Ooh well done you! Must get on with my studies when I've got over the aftermath of January. Got some bookkeeping to catch up on.
  • Monsoon
    Options
    jilt wrote: Β»
    Ooh well done you! Must get on with my studies when I've got over the aftermath of January. Got some bookkeeping to catch up on.

Thanks! Yeah I figure I need to do it, so may as well crack on with it or I'll never get it done!!

I want to do 2 papers together, would be nice to get this thing done and dusted this year.
  • jilt
    Options
    Monsoon wrote: Β»
    I want to do 2 papers together, would be nice to get this thing done and dusted this year.

Yeah I'd like to do the other 2 in November but we'll see.
  • Monsoon
    Options
    Does anyone know where I can find the exam timetable? I'm trying to decide whether I'm taking 1 or 2 exams at a time and knowing which exams are when would really help me decide (will probably have to book hotel etc)

thanks
  • Monsoon
    Options
    jilt wrote: Β»
    Yeah I'd like to do the other 2 in November but we'll see.

Ambitious!! I like it :D
  • andrewtdk
    Options
    The exam dates are on the exam entry form Monsoon.

They are 4 and 5 May (entry deadline 28 February) and 1 and 2 November (entry deadline 31 August)

I always found it a bit annoying that they dont tell you the exact venue for the exam until a few weeks before you sit it as it leaves less time for people who want to book a convenient hotel etc.

Good luck with your studies
  • jilt
    Options
    Feb 28th deadline, looks like we'd better get our skates on! :ohmy:
  • Monsoon
    Options
    Thanks Andrew but I meant the specific timetable for the papers i.e. which is on which day

Taskey kindly pointed me to this
    http://www.bpp.com/courses/examination-courses/tax/att/exams.aspx

Means the 2 I want to take are
    Day 1 AM
    Day 2 PM
    Rubbish timing but hey ho!!

And yes, need to put in for them this month.......

Argh what am we letting ourselves in for?!
  • noodles
    noodles Registered Posts: 308 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    I have just registered to sit the VAT paper 5 in May, up to chapter 22 and just sat my practise test Tollleys sent out. Off to do some more chapters .....
  • jilt
    Options
    Andrew, did you use the ATT Essential Accounting and Essential Law for Taxation Technicians books? I have got both books but it appears that the same content is in Tolleys study manuals, well foraccounting anyway.
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    That's interesting; I've just ordered both of those and Tolleys. Do I actually need them as well?
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • andrewtdk
    Options
    Yes i ordered them both but never really used the accountancy book.

As far as im concerned the essential accounts book is a waste of time for people who have already studied aat, i think its mainly for people who havent done an accounts course. All i looked at was to check how to show deffered tax in the accounts and after that i never looked at it and i also never bothered with the accounting study manual from tolleys which was good because it meant one less ring binder that i had to study.

My law ring binder from tolleys was purely questions and all the study material was in the essential law book. The good thing is each paper only covers about 5 of the chapters in the essential law books so their is less to study than you first think. I would advise giving law a fair amount of study time because i neglected it a bit and regretted it in the exams becuase i lost several marks because my law knowledge wasnt up to scratch. Also law makes up a small part of each paper and there are some overlaps between papers so it will help you out when you sit the rest of the exams
  • jilt
    Options
    Tolleys do say you need them as well as the study manuals. And they're definitely needed in additiion to the BPP books but to be honest we already know all the stuff in the accounting one but the law one has some stuff in thats new to me.

There's also a booklet that comes with your Tolleys study pack called Professional rules and practice guidelines, looks pretty similar to the AAT guidelines. The BPP book refers to this also for P3.

Jenni, if your books refer to it for your papers I've actually got 2 copies so could send you one.

Annie, when your's arrives could you let me know which year it is please?
  • Monsoon
    Options
    As far as im concerned the essential accounts book is a waste of time for people who have already studied aat, i think its mainly for people who havent done an accounts course. All i looked at was to check how to show deffered tax in the accounts and after that i never looked at it and i also never bothered with the accounting study manual from tolleys which was good because it meant one less ring binder that i had to study.

Agreed; I bought the Essential Law book but didn't bother with the accounting one as AAT was fresh in my mind.

That of course meant that when deferred tax came up in the exam I didn't have a clue as we never studied it at AAT. I therefore ignored the DT part of the exam question, did the rest perfectly and made a note at the bottom to say I'd deliberately ignored the DT as didn't have a clue, and apologised. I still passed :D
    jilt wrote:
    Jenni, if your books refer to it for your papers I've actually got 2 copies so could send you one.
    Jill that would be much appreciated, thanks. Will let you know.
  • jilt
    Options
    Thanks Andrew, my thoughts exactly regarding the accounting material.

I've just been going throught the binders to set myself targets for the number of chapters to cover each week and like you say I think I'll just have a quick read through deferred tax and maybe losses as I don't get many of those (ooh aren't my clients porsperous lol)

Yeah one less ring binder is a lovely thought but I'll head your warning about law, thank you.
Privacy Policy