Which unit next?

jenny3549
jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor 🦉
I did PTX first as I fancied that one the most but am now wondering which unit to do next. I have budgeting, financial performance and financial statements to choose from. I think that the last one is like the old DFS and therefore standalone but the other two effectively make up MAC so don't know if there is a preferred way round to tackle them.

What has everyone else done / think would be best?

Thanks for all opinions in advance.

Comments

• Woooof
    Woooof Registered Posts: 174 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I found the Financial Statements unit harder than the other two, so I'd do that one.

... and I don't even know if I've passed the FS unit yet... hurry up 9th February!
  • SusieQtips
    SusieQtips Registered Posts: 65 Regular contributor ⭐
    jenny3549 wrote: »
    I did PTX first as I fancied that one the most but am now wondering which unit to do next. I have budgeting, financial performance and financial statements to choose from. I think that the last one is like the old DFS and therefore standalone but the other two effectively make up MAC so don't know if there is a preferred way round to tackle them.

What has everyone else done / think would be best?

Thanks for all opinions in advance.

Hi

In my college we are doing Financial statements, then we do Financial Performance and then Budgeting. I assume the tutors have a reason for doing it in that order but who knows? Hope that helps.
  • jenny3549
    Thanks both - I'll head for the Financial Statements book then. Shouldn't have taken such a long break though - really can't motivate myself to get started.
  • sama
    sama Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor ⭐
    It seems that you've already made up your mind, but just to confirm it I think that is the right sequence too.
    I did MAC first and found that they referenced a lot of the material from the Financial Statements book assuming that I already know all about it. There was even a question on gearing at the exam that I couldn't answer. I didn't even remember that it was mentioned in the book. Then when doing the Fin. Statements unit I did get to find out what it was.

Good luck with it.
  • jenny3549
    Thanks Sama. It's great to get feedback from others so I know I'm doing the right thing.
Privacy Policy