Options
2»

Comments

• jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Monsoon wrote: »
    Woohoo!

Yeah not so bad thanks. I don't think this cold is going to get me too much, just a tickly throat and a bit of a cough.

I'm sitting here doing admin - it's bliss! :)

Try Manuka honey in hot water, it got rid of mine.
  • Psyche
    Psyche Registered Posts: 187 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Monsoon wrote: »
    Note to self: do directors tax returns FIRST in April, not last in January, amongst other things!!

Brilliant advice! That way you can discover which of your directors don't have UTRs in time for them to get them before the filing deadline...

I have had a freakishly slow year for whatever reason, I am only waiting on 3 to file, two of which are for directors without UTRs (and then there will be the penalties to appeal), the third I am awaiting info from a client.
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Options
    There is no legal requirement for a director to file a Tax Return unless they have other reasons to do so such as untaxed income or if HMRC specifically request one.

Yes HMRC state on their website that directors are required to file but there is no legislation to require so.

So really you are ok.

See here http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/anyanswers/do-directors-have-automatically-file-tax-return
    and here http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/item/139078
    Regards,

Burg
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    jilt wrote: »
    Try Manuka honey in hot water, it got rid of mine.

Yep I'm on honey, lemon and fresh ginger. It's soothing it a treat!

And I agree with Ian, you only have to file TRs for directors if they've been issued one. Or if they have income that needs declaring.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    All done!
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    All done!

And with time to spare! Hooray!! :D
  • Psyche
    Psyche Registered Posts: 187 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Ian: thank you! This may be helpful in the appeals process.
    However one of my directors also had foreign income and the other is certain to owe tax, so I'll keep you all posted.
Privacy Policy