SSP repaid by HMRC - a record?!

Options
Monsoon
Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
I submitted a claim online via the HMRC website to get SSP funding paid to the employer as regular deductions wouldn't cover it.

The cheque arrived after about 3-5 working days.

To say I was gobsmacked is an understatement!

Comments

• payrollpro
    payrollpro Registered Posts: 427 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Hi Monsoon,

I will pass this on to the HMRC employment consultation forum if you are agreeable. When the advanced funding arrangements were put in place the representative bodies were at great pains to point out that if the HMRc response was as slow as everything else they do then the whole arrangement was a waste of time. Small businesses needed a fast turnaround and we were promised they would get it.

It is rather pleasing that such promises are sometimes delivered.

Payrollpro
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Hi, yes that's just fine.
    We are quick to criticise HMRC but it's only fair that praise is given where due also. :)
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Hi, yes that's just fine.
    We are quick to criticise HMRC but it's only fair that praise is given where due also. :)

I submitted a claim for advanced funding for SMP online on a Monday and received the cheque about Tues/Wed of the following week. So not quite so speedy as yours but still reasonably acceptable.
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I've always found it very quick. The wife's SMP cheque came through in about 3 days if I recall correctly.

Maybe took a couple of weeks when we had our first (2.5 years ago).
Privacy Policy