Branch involvement

GinnyBee
GinnyBee Registered, Tutor Posts: 131 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
Is anyone involved with their local branch beyond turning up to the occasional meeting?

I was wondering if it would be a good idea to get more involved in my local branch and would like some advice on whether it sounds like a good idea, hear about anyone's experiences of being involved (on the committee or otherwise).

What would be the best way to go about this if I decided to go ahead with it?

Thanks everyone

Comments

• Paul C
    Paul C Registered Posts: 193 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    I attend most of the local branch meetings & find it really useful for CPD and getting to know others locally. I'm quite lucky as the local standard of branch events is very good & I am near(ish) to 3 branches.

I am thinking of volunteering to help out with the branch this coming year if they ask for newbies.
  • CHES&STAFF01
    CHES&STAFF01 Registered Posts: 107 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Don't wait to asked !

I was a still studying when when I joined the C&S branch committee (mainly because at the time I was going through home study and needed some help !) - now I am in my third year of being a committee member and hold the post of deputy chair and communications.
    Haven't regretted the move and am finding it all helps with providing great CPD. The more involved you get the better it is ... opens your eyes to all sorts of possibilities.
    My personal advice would be don't wait to be asked to be a committee member ... make yourself known (!) Help from anyone is always extremely welcome !

Good luck ! but most of all, enjoy it !
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Branches always need help. Introduce yourself to one of the committee members and I am sure they will gladly bring you on board.
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Always difficult to get involved, particularly when the meeting are not "on your doorstep". Perhaps some active members could invite others on here, ie I am from.....branch, anyone like to come to our next meeting pm me. That would be a gentle introduction for us 'no so keen members'.
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Followed that link but couldn't find a list of events - am I missing something. Any Norfolk members out there....................
Privacy Policy