Give me strength..............

T.C.
T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448
My client (a plumber) gave me all his paperwork, but not the invoices he had issued. I requested them from him today and he said "oh do you need those as well, I thought you could just work it out from my receipts and the bank statements........". Oh give me strength.........

Comments

  • bumblebee
    bumblebee Registered Posts: 135 ? ? ?
    Dont you worry that is normal, and happens all the time!
    I always wondered whether the clients are or arent aware what we will need and wont need, but in my experience i am beginning to realise that they are fully aware (most of the time) of this, I would send a letter stating what you exactly need and clarify the point.
  • MoneySavingBank
    MoneySavingBank Registered Posts: 143 ? ? ?
    A List of What We Need..abc...

    Hey BumbleBee,

    Have you got a formated template letter of what we need from a client? If so.. Would you mind to share it :D

    I can PM you my email id if you want.

    Ta,
    MSB
  • Poodle
    Poodle Registered Posts: 711
    Get this,

    I had to shed my work load some what last year and I have just had a call from one ex asking me how last years P&L figures were calculated i.e sales less cos = np, so he could copy them with his own estimates...my response sorry really busy...
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448
    Oh I had one of those about a month ago - 'can you tell me how you worked out my P & L and what figures you used for the Tax Return so that I can do my own this year'. No....but here is a copy of last year's Tax Return......
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon FMAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 4,071 ? ? ?
    T.C. wrote: »
    'can you tell me how you worked out my P & L and what figures you used for the Tax Return so that I can do my own this year'.

    I can, but I charge far more for accountancy training than I do to complete a tax return myself. Your choice! :lol:
  • MoneySavingBank
    MoneySavingBank Registered Posts: 143 ? ? ?
    Monsoon wrote: »
    I can, but I charge far more for accountancy training than I do to complete a tax return myself. Your choice! :lol:

    Nice One
  • JodieR
    JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002
    Monsoon wrote: »
    I can, but I charge far more for accountancy training than I do to complete a tax return myself. Your choice! :lol:

    I've had a text today from someone I've been chasing for months asking exactly the same thing... think I might reply saying that... she picked the wrong day for that message!
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon FMAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 4,071 ? ? ?
    JodieR wrote: »
    I've had a text today from someone I've been chasing for months asking exactly the same thing... think I might reply saying that... she picked the wrong day for that message!

    Good idea! She wants to know how to do it herself 5 days before the deadline?? Really?? What gets me is people think they can DIY in an instant but how many years did it take us to train?!

    I'm hoping I get my usual 31st Jan suspect this year.
    31st Jan 2009, forum post "I need my partnership return submitted and I didn't know HMRC website won't do it. Halp."

    We submitted the return at 11.58pm.

    They took 6 months to pay.

    31st Jan 2010
    "Hello, last year you kindly submitted our partnership tax return. Can you help?"
    We did it and, again, they took months to pay.

    I want them to get in touch again this year. Saying no will never have been so sweet.
  • katz568
    katz568 Registered Posts: 93 ? ? ?
    Oh I know those, we have had more than one client that we have been chasing since Dec say today that they will bring their stuff in on Monday
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon FMAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 4,071 ? ? ?
    Bank statements. Bored. Bored. Bored. That is all.
    I'm procrastinating...
  • Poodle
    Poodle Registered Posts: 711
    Will make you laugh now, and bearing in mind that I work from home like many others here.

    This morning when we got up my husband drew the front room cutains and said 'look some one has hung some rubbish on our gates' on closer inspection, it turned out to be a clients accounts in a tesco bag!!

    Am i a scary accountant i ask myself :)
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326
    Poodle wrote: »
    Will make you laugh now, and bearing in mind that I work from home like many others here.

    This morning when we got up my husband drew the front room cutains and said 'look some one has hung some rubbish on our gates' on closer inspection, it turned out to be a clients accounts in a tesco bag!!

    Am i a scary accountant i ask myself

    LOVE IT ..... unless they're expecting you to have their Tax Return filed by Monday and it was a case of dump and run!!!!! :lol:
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon FMAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 4,071 ? ? ?
    HAHAHAHAHA :lol:
Privacy Policy