Icas, unit 10

2»

Comments

• keane155
    keane155 Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Becky V wrote: »
    That is great news well done i want to really get on with mine the weekend. Started last weekend and done about 700 words and made a lot of notes so hope to put it together and make good progress!

I have been doing mine since the last week of December, I have wasted so many days not knowing what to write - I did about 2 lines all of last Sunday!! You are doing really well to have done 700 so far, it took me ages to do that amount. I am really glad to have nearly finished though - at 4900 words now and not finished, but I suppose the hardest bit of getting the words down is done and all I need to do is get rid of about 1200 somehow!!!(still have a bit more to write! - unless I transfer half of it into the appendices!!)
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    keane155 wrote: »
    I have been doing mine since the last week of December, I have wasted so many days not knowing what to write - I did about 2 lines all of last Sunday!! You are doing really well to have done 700 so far, it took me ages to do that amount. I am really glad to have nearly finished though - at 4900 words now and not finished, but I suppose the hardest bit of getting the words down is done and all I need to do is get rid of about 1200 somehow!!!(still have a bit more to write! - unless I transfer half of it into the appendices!!)
    Just finish writing it all up.

Once you've done it, you can see if you can replace written procedures with flow charts or move parts of the introduction to the appendixes (layout of the company, layout of the departments can also just be charts, rather than written).

Don't worry about cutting out just yet, just write it all out and once you're happy that the executive summary, cost benefit analysis and other bits are finished properly. Then do that last word count and see how much you need to cut out and how much you can put in appendixes or charts or tables or are written in the introduction but aren't really needed anymore.
  • keane155
    keane155 Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Rinske wrote: »
    Just finish writing it all up.

Once you've done it, you can see if you can replace written procedures with flow charts or move parts of the introduction to the appendixes (layout of the company, layout of the departments can also just be charts, rather than written).

Don't worry about cutting out just yet, just write it all out and once you're happy that the executive summary, cost benefit analysis and other bits are finished properly. Then do that last word count and see how much you need to cut out and how much you can put in appendixes or charts or tables or are written in the introduction but aren't really needed anymore.

Thanks for the advice Rinske. Nearly there now, just got about 100 words to get rid of and the mapping to do! :) I should be able to finish it tomorrow.
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    100 words is not worth getting rid of. I'm sure your tutor won't mind those, just check and leave them in there if possible!

Sounds like some good progress though!
  • Emilie
    Emilie Registered Posts: 37 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi,

i am struggling on the criteria of the mapping. Please help.

1.4 Explain how the accounting systems are affected by the organisational structure, systems, procedures and business transactions.

1.5 Explain the affect on users of changes to accounting systems caused by external regulations, organisational policy and procedures.

2.1 Identify the external regulations that affect accounting practice.

Cant wait till this report is over i hate it.

Thanks,

Emilie
Privacy Policy