Experience

vicky58
vicky58 Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
Hi
I am currently looking for another job and whilst I have had a few interviews ( aided by the fact that I have my AAT qualification) employers are asking for experience in computerised accounts, namely 'Sage'. I have nearly 10 years experience of working in finance in the public sector but this lack of experience in 'Sage' seems to be my downfall. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas of how to get around this? Thank you.

Comments

• deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Go on a Sage training course?
  • GinnyBee
    GinnyBee Registered, Tutor Posts: 131 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    You could try the Sage self study courses which are designed to lead to Sage certification.

https://support.sage.co.uk/default.aspx?page=74
  • Fireraiser
    Fireraiser Registered Posts: 91 Regular contributor ⭐
    vicky58 wrote: »
    Hi
    I am currently looking for another job and whilst I have had a few interviews ( aided by the fact that I have my AAT qualification) employers are asking for experience in computerised accounts, namely 'Sage'. I have nearly 10 years experience of working in finance in the public sector but this lack of experience in 'Sage' seems to be my downfall. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas of how to get around this? Thank you.

Have you experience with another accounts package? If so, talk that up. Once you've used one, learning another one is straightforward.
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Go on a Sage training course?

Abrupt but absolutely spot on, Dean. Seriously, what else did the OP expect as a reply?
Privacy Policy