Steve's Auditing Book

anniem
anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
Do I need it?

OK, I've just been reading another thread about auditing, in the MIP section and it has made me wonder whether I 'need' Steve's new book.

I don't do any 'audits' per se, as I'll only be dealing with smaller companies.

I've just signed up to start ATT and with books, course fees and membership that has put pay to about ยฃ480, so I could do without spending more on auditing reference books (which are of very little practical use to anyone else in the household - so it feels a bit selfish; especially with 2 boys birthdays in the next three weeks!)

Um ..... I think having written this I have talked myself into needing/wanting the book for reference purposes, but also realised that there is no urgent requirement.

I will wait and hope that Tesco's don't realise their pricing error for a long time. :lol:
FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire

Comments

• Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    anniem wrote: ยป
    Do I need it?

OK, I've just been reading another thread about auditing, in the MIP section and it has made me wonder whether I 'need' Steve's new book.

I don't do any 'audits' per se, as I'll only be dealing with smaller companies.

I've just signed up to start ATT and with books, course fees and membership that has put pay to about ยฃ480, so I could do without spending more on auditing reference books (which are of very little practical use to anyone else in the household - so it feels a bit selfish; especially with 2 boys birthdays in the next three weeks!)

Um ..... I think having written this I have talked myself into needing/wanting the book for reference purposes, but also realised that there is no urgent requirement.

I will wait and hope that Tesco's don't realise their pricing error for a long time.

They got it in Tesco? Just having a mooch and can't see it :(
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    You can pre-order from Tesco's online shop, it's not published yet.
  • Steve Collings
    Steve Collings Registered Posts: 997 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Hi,

It publishes on 25th of this month but can be preordered from Amazon/Tesco Books.

The book is concerned with auditing and is targeted at professional accountants. During the writing of the book I consulted with firms of practitioners who said that they want an auditing equivalent of 'Tolleys Tax Wise' which is packed with practical illustrations, which is what my book does.

I have also covered the IFRS/IASs and have also put in some illustrative financial statements. The illustrative financial statements cover:

- Multi-national listed financial statements.
    - Medium-sized listed financial statements.
    - Medium-sized Ltd Co (abbreviated and full).
    - Group financial statements (UK GAAP only).
    - Small FRSSE financial statements.

So whilst primarily targeted at practice auditors, it can also be used as a reference book for non-auditors.

Kind regards
    Steve
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    That's really helpful. Thank you Steve. ;)

I think a 'must have' reference book for any practice! (But I'll have to wait until I have a few more clients to justify it as expenditure seems to be exceeding income at the moment!)
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Can someone tell me what the title is

Thanks
  • Steve Collings
    Thanks Katstulieff.

You can also preorder from Amazon, Waterstones and if you are not in the UK, the book is selling throughout the world and can be ordered directly from the publisher just select your location using the 'change location' tab.

Kind regards
    Steve
  • Steve Collings
    Hi,

It publishes on 25th of this month but can be preordered from Amazon/Tesco Books.

Unfortunately publication has been put back a week - it's out on the 4th March according to Amazon.

Kind regards
    Steve
Privacy Policy