Advice

Options
Name: Sean
Name: Sean Registered Posts: 18 New contributor 🐸
Hi,

I really like financial accoutancy and would love to have the opportunity to learn more about tax and in a couple of years time do tax and VAT returns for sole traders and SME's.

BUT - I am far better at learning on the job and I learn really quickly. I don't cut corners either - I'm just efficient. It's not that I can't do exams it's just that the material being covered I find really easy to learn and uninspiring - but you have to learn the way they want you to learn in order the pass the exams and there is so much of it!

Also - I work one day at weekends for a chartered accountant who works from home but that is all the practice experience I get - I work in industry as an accounts administrator the rest of the time.

I feel as if I completely get accountancy and I want a challenge to inspire me! But there are so many exams to do first AND I have 2 young children to help care for.

There are just no practice jobs near me and trust me I have tried! I found the part time work experience by cold calling local accountants and bookkeepers and I spent ages doing a speculative covering letter and CV. People were really impressed by it but there just aren't any vacancies around my parts.

I'm capable of so much more, it's so frustrating - does anyone have any idea how I can achieve my goal?

If you've read this all the way to the end and provide pearls of wisdom I thank you very much!

:)

Comments

• RAS
    RAS Registered Posts: 124 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Its a very difficult time at the moment. Just keeping trying and I am sure that you will get the opportunity eventually. Not everyones cup of tea, but have you tried any recruitment agencies?
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Whereabouts do you live?
Privacy Policy