How Long for Unit 10??

Options
r4chy
r4chy Registered Posts: 30 Regular contributor ⭐
I submitted my first draft of Unit 10 after the tax exam on December 3rd, and due to various ridiculous excuses by my college have still not had it back to rework. Its now over three months and I have had nothing back from them, and have now missed the registration deadline for CIMA because of it. I was just wondering if anyone wanted to share how long it took them to get their projects marked from initial submission to final sign off so that I know whether this is normal or whether 3 months is getting a little bit excessive??!!

Thanks in advance
Rach - PTC passed today :)
xx

Comments

• Woooof
    Woooof Registered Posts: 174 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    My college tutor took 3 weeks to look over my first draft, so 3 months does seem excessive in my opinion.

My final sign off took another 2 weeks after submitting my final report.
  • r4chy
    Options
    Woooof wrote: »
    My college tutor took 3 weeks to look over my first draft, so 3 months does seem excessive in my opinion.

My final sign off took another 2 weeks after submitting my final report.

Thanks for this :)

I have just emailed my tutor again to ask when I can expect to get my first draft back with feedback.....don't know whether I'll get a response though as they have been ignoring me since 18th January
  • meibaker
    meibaker Registered Posts: 481 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    it tooks 5 weeks for my first draft come back, the second one was a lot quicker as i constant email her and hurry her. the took couple of weeks for the final one and to be finalised.
    which provider are you using?
  • r4chy
    Options
    I am using my local college, the problem is I haven't been in since November last year except to sit my tax exam in December so have officially finished now, and the tutor who has my Unit 10 doesnt even teach Technician level so I never know when he is going to be in. I'm just really frustrated :(
  • meibaker
    meibaker Registered Posts: 481 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I would go to your college and demand to see whoever had ur project, and want a answer, you need to make a point of because of their inefficiency now you are late to register with CIMA, you can't let them get away with it! it's really not on!
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I am glad I started my project in the Summer cause it took ages for the first draft to come back. It was signed off after the second draft but all in all it took months cause of the fact my Tutor for it was really busy with so many projects to mark. And to think I was gonna wait till I sat my exams in December before starting it! My advice to anyone that has Unit 10 to do is get it started well before your last exams are due and make sure it is signed off by results time so that it doesnt hold you back!
Privacy Policy