Personal Tax CBE

Options
Shell B
Shell B Registered Posts: 95 Regular contributor ⭐
Hello

I got my results this morning and after properly convincing myself i had failed, I have passed i cant believe it.
Everyone said dont think so negative about it because you may have passed but i really did walk out that exam feeling like rubbish and thought it would be a definate resit, it was a horrible exam to take.
So to anyone out there who like me has walked out of any of there exams thinking oh my god i have failed, dont rule a pass out if i can do it then i believe anyone can.
Am not the quickest of learners and sometimes i think my god thats completely gone over my head and i struggle with it for ages. But keep on trucking with it you never know your luck.

i know its easy for me to say all of this now, but its given me a little bit more confidence that i needed.

To those who have taken this exam and failed wether it be first, second or third sit i understand it must be disheartening for you but please dont give up you will get there in the end and when you do it will mean more to you than to us who passed the first time.
Like i say its a horrible exam and the majority of people i have spoken to have said the same so keep your peckers up and truck on.

Anyway thats my speech over.

well done to those who have passed and i do feel for those who have not.

Shell B

Comments

• Becky V
    Becky V Registered Posts: 374 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Shell B wrote: »
    Hello

I got my results this morning and after properly convincing myself i had failed, I have passed i cant believe it.
    Everyone said dont think so negative about it because you may have passed but i really did walk out that exam feeling like rubbish and thought it would be a definate resit, it was a horrible exam to take.
    So to anyone out there who like me has walked out of any of there exams thinking oh my god i have failed, dont rule a pass out if i can do it then i believe anyone can.
    Am not the quickest of learners and sometimes i think my god thats completely gone over my head and i struggle with it for ages. But keep on trucking with it you never know your luck.

i know its easy for me to say all of this now, but its given me a little bit more confidence that i needed.

To those who have taken this exam and failed wether it be first, second or third sit i understand it must be disheartening for you but please dont give up you will get there in the end and when you do it will mean more to you than to us who passed the first time.
    Like i say its a horrible exam and the majority of people i have spoken to have said the same so keep your peckers up and truck on.

Anyway thats my speech over.

well done to those who have passed and i do feel for those who have not.

Shell B

Just wanted to say congrats on passing your exam. That is the next unit i am studying!!!
    It is reassuring to hear that, when you really think you have failed you get that pass because you never know if you have done enough in the exam. My last exam was dfs and the first question i could not get the balance sheet to balance and i walked away thinking i have a done enough though to pass!! Will get the results in 3 weeks!
  • keane155
    keane155 Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Really glad to hear that you passed Shell B, that exam was horrible!! Well done!! :)
  • Shell B
    Shell B Registered Posts: 95 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Thanks alot Becky V and good luck with your tax exam, when is it???

Thanks as well emma you gave me some top tips which was much appreciated, am just glad its over and done with, no more tax books. Oh that does make me smile saying that to myself.

When are you due to get your DFS results???? i did that exam last tue, i managed to get it to balance not sure how but it did (not that getting it to bal means that its right or its the be all and end all) i got stuck on an impairment question which the IAS bits always has confused me.

Shell B
  • Becky V
    Becky V Registered Posts: 374 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I have just ordered personal tax unit but hoping to sit the exam in April some time.
  • keane155
    keane155 Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Shell B wrote: »
    Thanks alot Becky V and good luck with your tax exam, when is it???

Thanks as well emma you gave me some top tips which was much appreciated, am just glad its over and done with, no more tax books. Oh that does make me smile saying that to myself.

When are you due to get your DFS results???? i did that exam last tue, i managed to get it to balance not sure how but it did (not that getting it to bal means that its right or its the be all and end all) i got stuck on an impairment question which the IAS bits always has confused me.

Shell B

I think I'll be getting the DFS results the first week of March hopefully. I think getting it to balance is a good thing - can't really be too far wrong really. I've got business tax to look forward to after half term!! :)
Privacy Policy