Can they say this

Options
2»

Comments

• Budgie
    Budgie Registered Posts: 56 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Nia wrote: »
    I'm new here too and am a little sad to see some of the comments. Obviously I don't know the history here but if help is being thrown back in faces maybe the best thing is to ignore her posts. Just a constructive suggestion!

Hi Nia, I'm fairly new as well and I agree it's a shame. To be fair though, the forums are great, very helpful. Welcome, BTW! :)
  • Nia
    Nia Registered Posts: 72 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Cheers Budgie! :)

I agree, lots of lovely, helpful people on here!
  • Nia
    Nia Registered Posts: 72 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    BTW 'ello from me!
  • noodles
    noodles Registered Posts: 308 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi Nia and Budgie
    welcome from me too, I am not such a newbie but have to say this site got me through my exams, especially when the exams are close and the revision email gets going, that is great.
  • RAS
    RAS Registered Posts: 124 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Must admit I get the feeling that these are hoax posts from Glynis. However, still makes interesting reading so hope they continue, hoax or not.
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    nscuffell wrote: »
    If My point is that this is meant to be a friendly site and every so often there are certain comments that really are uncalled for. New members reading these comments may be put of using this site and that is a real shame.
    Becky V wrote: »
    Hi nscuffell i completely agree with you! I having only been using this forum for a couple months and i seem to have read a lot of threads and posts with people having a go at Glynis! Now obviously i dont know what has been going on in the past and why people are out to make Glynis feel so bad but i agree we are on here to ask for advice and encouragement and yes opinions but dont need to be put down!!
    So as a newish member it is not nice to read so dont put such awful comments or you will turn people away!!
    I'm new here too and am a little sad to see some of the comments.

First, Welcome to all the newbies!
    Second, please go to read the previous posts of Glynis to better understand WHY most of the people here can't really tollerate her anymore...

Jaffasgirl gave a great explanation to this:
    JaffasGirl wrote: »
    If you look back at the post history you will see that a lot of those that regularly contribute to this forum have tried to help Glynis and her responses have be nothing short of ungrateful and down right rude. I have never seen her try to help someone, and most of her posts are her complaining about how someone has wronged her, or is 'out to get her'. I think that a long time ago, a lot of the regular contributors to this forum ran out of patience, what with having their advice thrown back in their faces, ignored, or ridiculed, as Glynis knew better, or thought she should be speaking to someone more 'senior'.

I appreciate that this is not obvious to new members of this forum, but you should realise that forums work on the basis of people helping each other, and when you keep giving someone the same advice, over and over and over, and it is ignored or belittled, you cant help but think 'whats the point?' Especially when there is nothing offered in return.

This forum is a great place of help and resources and it will be a shame if we allow some "bad apple to ruin the whole barrel".
  • noodles
    noodles Registered Posts: 308 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Lets not forget that this forum is for everyone. I just think that if a member puts a post then you either reply nicely or not at all. I feel all these remarks being made against one person is unacceptable no matter what has gone on and I agree with another post made, it is bullying. It is not glynis who is looking inmature and ruining the forums, think about it!!
    No other comments to make on it. It is getting out of hand.
  • Budgie
    Options
    If someone throws advice back in your face, remember there isn't just one person seeking advice/help/sympathy on the AAT forums. There are so many other people on here who you can reply to who will appreciate your helpfullness.

Why concentrate on just one person? Why let one person wind you up? What about the rest of us? Does anyone have model answers to Unit 31 past paper D1990, Oriel manufacturing please? lol
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    The Glynis threads are a peculiar attraction for some - including myself - and I know I approach them with an equal mixture of sympathy and awe. They're rather like those 'Wet paint: do not touch' signs: you know you probably shouldn't but sometimes you just can't help yourself.

The other thread on the Chat board is rather ill advised though.
  • Budgie
    Options
    blobbyh wrote: »
    The other thread on the Chat board is rather ill advised though.

I agree, Blobby. I don't know if there are mods on this forum, but maybe it should be deleted.

To others who have suggested newbies trawl through previous posts to see who's in the right, thanks but no thanks. That's not what I'm here for. The little I've seen will do. I've not been around on the forums long, so I really don't want to offend or fall out with folk, but the words "get over it" spring to mind! Sorry if that offends anyone, I don't mean it to.

Glynis, as this is your thread, hope things work out for you and that at least some of the replies here have helped.
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    blobbyh wrote: »
    The Glynis threads are a peculiar attraction for some - including myself - and I know I approach them with an equal mixture of sympathy and awe. They're rather like those 'Wet paint: do not touch' signs: you know you probably shouldn't but sometimes you just can't help yourself.

I have to admit to rubbing my hands with glee when I see another Glynis post, always brightens my day!
  • katie2008
    katie2008 Registered Posts: 294 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I'm new here too and am a little sad to see some of the comments. Obviously I don't know the history here but if help is being thrown back in faces maybe the best thing is to ignore her posts. Just a constructive suggestion!

Fair point.. But FAO Steve posts are oh so tempting :)
  • katie2008
    katie2008 Registered Posts: 294 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    ps: too the newbies: if you read this thread, you can see some of the attitudes and no thanks from Glynis! hehehehe

http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?t=25902
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    katie2008 wrote: »
    ps: too the newbies: if you read this thread, you can see some of the attitudes and no thanks from Glynis! hehehehe

http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?t=25902

Yeah I remember that one!....................oh and the other three hundred I read over time when Glynis got peoples backs up when all they were doing was trying to help.
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Talking of auditors (yes yes, completely off topic). I have suggested to my manager that the auditors will probably voice some big concerns about part of the work that I am working on at the moment, as there will be no way I can get it finished before our year end.

Even if I pushed all my other work aside, and would solely focus on this part of my job, I would not be able to get it finished in time. However that's not likely to happen, as it is classed low priority and all my other work goes first.

My manager just said to think about how much worse it would have been, if I hadn't done anything, but I'm not sure how that is going to stand when the auditors are started to explain the issue to the board or the FD / FC.

My manager will now stress with our FC that the issue is way bigger than our FC anticipated and it will not be solved in time, but even so, I am slightly worried that this will end up with my name on it with the board.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to anything else I can do to make sure this won't reflect negatively on me?
  • Budgie
    Options
    jewels.p wrote: »
    Yeah I remember that one!....................oh and the other three hundred I read over time when Glynis got peoples backs up when all they were doing was trying to help.

I think you're helpful, Jewels :)

Yep when I've read some of this stuff, I wasn't really bothered about the arguing or whether folk were grateful for the advice. I just found some of the advice really very helpful myself!

People may be responding to help with one person's initial post, but other people find the advice helpful too. So don't let ungratefulness put you off giving good advice, cos other folk will read it as well and get the benefit from it. Isn't that what the forums are for?
Privacy Policy