UNIT 10 URGENT HELP NEEDED Please???

Options
AJ786
AJ786 Registered Posts: 36 Regular contributor ⭐
I have just passed all the exams and I still have not started my project with the deadline, the 10 of May

I have not yet started so basically the situation for me is:

I am working on a case study, where do i start??

I am completely lost and have no idea as to where i am meant to start, my tutor is unavailable and this forum is the only source of help.

Need to do a project proposal but am confused as to everthing that is written in the case study about the whole calendar year then about every memeber of stuff and then the different departments then i get an appendix 1 which is about the profit and loss and the balance sheet, appendix 2 is written about the laws etc...very confusing

so what do i need to get started?

Your help is needed and would be appreciated :)

Comments

• anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hi AJ786

I did a case study too.

Read it all through and make notes as you go.

What isn't working properly within the organisation?
    What do you think needs changing?
    Where can improvements be made?
    Are the processes cost efficient?
    Is the company liable to fraud and what can be done to reduce the risks?

This can be done by May, but you really need to pull your finger out and have your assessor on board (the marking and assessing is the bit you have no control over)

For my case study; my first impression was that many of the staff were unsuitable for the roles they were in, so what I did was:

Gave all the staff appraisals.
    Restructured the organisation.
    Replaced the inefficient computer system.
    Evaluated the banking and cheque book processes to reduce the risk of fraud.
    Introduced a health and safety policy.
    Introduced weekly/monthly management and trouble shooting meetings.

Just to give you an idea.

I hope this helps!

Anna
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • AJ786
    Options
    Hi anniem, thanks for the reply.

I just need to know what i need to do to get me started basically, do i have to pick one of the accounting systems and base my project on that, really embarassing my situation is, have got no idea where to begin :(
  • keane155
    keane155 Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Have you done your SWOT analysis yet? It's a good starting point and will help you to decide on which function or functions that you want to focus on.
  • AJ786
    Options
    What o i base the swot analysis on, is it on the accouting system or the staff members or both?
  • AJ786
    Options
    keane155 wrote: »
    Have you done your SWOT analysis yet? It's a good starting point and will help you to decide on which function or functions that you want to focus on.

I ain't done nothing apart from looking at it and thinking where do i begin, my tutor is useless!
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    For your SWOT analysis include anything and everything that you can see is wrong with the current systems.

Then take each item and write a paragraph about it.

This will start to give you a framework for your project and should give you a 1 or 2 page outline. Submit this outline to your assessor to see what they say; take advice from them about which 'threads' to pick up on for your project.

Once you have written a paragraph about each item from your SWOT analysis you will start to see which way your project is going, as some things will be easy to write about whilst other aspects will be more difficult.
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • AJ786
    Options
    Thank you anniem, that has really helped, I really appreciate it but just one other question, what do i do about the staff members, i assume i dont do a SWOT on them do i? :)
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    AJ786 wrote: »
    Thank you anniem, that has really helped, I really appreciate it but just one other question, what do i do about the staff members, i assume i dont do a SWOT on them do i? :)
    What do you want to do with the staff members?

You can write a paragraph in the SWOT analysis about their general knowledge for example if it really lacks, of course you shouldn't name or shame them, but you might say that the department is not fully trained etc.

My project only had the department chart in it, showing what everyone did and how the department was build up and then the contingency plans, but it totally depends on the subject of your project.

Once you've written the SWOT analysis and decide what way your project goes, you can decide on training needed for example or use it in the contingency plans for each training up on other people's jobs for holiday/ illness.
  • AJ786
    Options
    Rinske wrote: »
    What do you want to do with the staff members?

You can write a paragraph in the SWOT analysis about their general knowledge for example if it really lacks, of course you shouldn't name or shame them, but you might say that the department is not fully trained etc.

My project only had the department chart in it, showing what everyone did and how the department was build up and then the contingency plans, but it totally depends on the subject of your project.

Once you've written the SWOT analysis and decide what way your project goes, you can decide on training needed for example or use it in the contingency plans for each training up on other people's jobs for holiday/ illness.

I don't know what to do with the staff members. Can't i name and shame them even though this is a case study?

so to get started i am going to concentrate on the accounting systems and do a SWOT on them and take it from their, starting it is so hard :(
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    AJ786 wrote: »
    I don't know what to do with the staff members. Can't i name and shame them even though this is a case study?

so to get started i am going to concentrate on the accounting systems and do a SWOT on them and take it from their, starting it is so hard :(
    Include job titles in the report and not actual names of employees.

If your project is based around training up a lot of staff, you will need to include it in the SWOT analysis, but be aware of what you say in it. If you would write about the accounts assistant that the person is incompetent for the job and should be removed, you won't score any marks. If you suggest that there seems to be a lack of knowledge and training would be recommended for the accounts assistant, that is a lot less negative and probably acceptable.

A lot will depend on how you say it.
  • rachy1975
    rachy1975 Registered Posts: 366 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Your help is needed and would be appreciated :)[/QUOTE]

Ive pm some ideas, ive just finished mine tonight and did the PPL case study
  • Miffy3QE
    Miffy3QE Registered Posts: 25 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    My advice is to start by downloading the MAPPING DOCUMENT from the AAT website.
    This should show you what info is MEANT to be in your project.
    I wish I'd started this way, instead, I spent ages writing notes that ended up being 4000 words as required, but basically it wasn't worth the paper it was written on.

I started again, and concentrated only on the Payroll, as this related more to my comfort zone.
    If you choose only one part of the accounting process, choose the part most relevant to you. Once I'd identified what SHOULD be in, and deleted the other stuff, it went like a dream.
    Also, if I found it hard to explain things, I used a flow chart/pie chart/bar chart in the APPENDIX and referenced it in the body of text.
    Don't be overwhelmed by it, it's not that bad once it's underway. Good Luck :D
  • Miffy3QE
    Miffy3QE Registered Posts: 25 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I agree!!!!! This is a good case study!!!!
    anniem wrote: »
    hi aj786

i did a case study too.

Read it all through and make notes as you go.

What isn't working properly within the organisation?
    What do you think needs changing?
    Where can improvements be made?
    Are the processes cost efficient?
    Is the company liable to fraud and what can be done to reduce the risks?

This can be done by may, but you really need to pull your finger out and have your assessor on board (the marking and assessing is the bit you have no control over)

for my case study; my first impression was that many of the staff were unsuitable for the roles they were in, so what i did was:

Gave all the staff appraisals.
    Restructured the organisation.
    Replaced the inefficient computer system.
    Evaluated the banking and cheque book processes to reduce the risk of fraud.
    Introduced a health and safety policy.
    Introduced weekly/monthly management and trouble shooting meetings.

Just to give you an idea.

I hope this helps!

Anna

brilliant! Similar to my take on it..........i just did payroll section. I streamlined that and the rest of the shambles was easily smoothed out! :d
Privacy Policy