Tips for Personal Tax Exam

Options
emma89
emma89 Registered Posts: 27 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi,

Just wondering what made the personal tax exam so difficult? Im doing mine tomorrow and done the practice one so many times I know the answers before reading the question.

Any tips for revising for it????

Thanks

Comments

• Shell B
    Shell B Registered Posts: 95 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hello

I did my exam in Jan and came out thinking i had failed, however i got my results on thurs and passed.
    At the time when i sat it there were a good few questions which i had practised alot and felt like i could do, but it was just the way the questions were worded you really had to take your time to think about what was being asked.
    There are alot more true and false questions in the real one than there is on the practise CBE, the only tip i can offer you is take you time to read the question, if you are unsure of what to put flag it up and move on dont dwell on it for too long. Then once you have attempted all the questions you feel good about go back to the ones you have struggled with.
    I know this is a tip that most people give out but it is very true, oh and once you have finised check it once but dont go changing everything right at the last minute, you more than likely got it right the first time round.
    Just go in there and give it your best, thats all you can do.
    I hope it all goes well and will keep my fingers crossed.

hope i have not put you off i did not want this to come across that way

Shell B
  • emma89
    emma89 Registered Posts: 27 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    No not put me off, I have to do it wether or not anyway. Im ok in exams its just beforehand i go into panic mode. Actually feel better now you've said its just the way they were worded.

Thanks
  • keane155
    keane155 Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Good luck for tomorrow. The worst part was the wording of the questions - quite a few people thought this though. Hope it goes OK.
  • Paisley
    Paisley Registered Posts: 93 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    emma89 wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering what made the personal tax exam so difficult? Im doing mine tomorrow and done the practice one so many times I know the answers before reading the question.

Any tips for revising for it????

Thanks

I've been reading the posts about the Personal Tax CBA and wondering the same. I have mine this Friday, so have plenty of revision planned this week.

Note to self - RTFQ!!!!

Good luck tomorrow emma89 :)
Privacy Policy