Transferring to New Standards

Options
Loz1234
Loz1234 Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
I'm a bit annoyed as I have been told that I have to transfer to the new standards now and that there is no opportunity to sit paper exams in June 2011. Has anyone else been told this?

Also, I have been told that I need to purchase new books for each unit I have left to do and they cost £115.00 per unit! How on earth can they say this.

Has anyone else been through this or has anyone transfered to the new standards and not updated their books? I'm starting to think that its just another way of getting money out of us.

Comments

• Lou1234
    Lou1234 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Loz1234 who told you that you had to move to the new standards?

There are still paper exams in June (the timetables are up on the website for the June exams). If you are applying to college then they are likely to be teaching for the new standards computer based exams so may request that you move to the new standards.

I'm still on the NVQ route and will be sitting DFS in June with the paper based exams.
  • linzip1703
    linzip1703 Registered Posts: 35 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi im currently doing the new standards at level 4 but i am using the old books and so are the tutors.
    Most of the time the tutors will give you all the info needed to pass the exams.
    Also i work with a girl who has just failed her Dec resits and she is taking the june ones and she has been told that's her last chance, if she fails the june ones she will have to retake under the new standards.
    Hope this helps
  • Loz1234
    Options
    I am with BPP as a home study student.

I failed my December resit of Business Taxation and was really trying to decide if I want to continue with my studies or just give up. I just feel like I'm getting no where with studying and whats the point anymore.

So I rang BPP to get a bit of advice on how easy it is to transfer and they told me that I have to transfer now as there is no opportunity to sit exams in June.

I think I need to give them another ring and try to speak to someone who actually knows whats going on.

Thanks for your replies!!
  • Lou1234
    Lou1234 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Have you got more exams to sit or is Personal Tax your last exam?

I know that if I fail in June I have to move to the new standards but I want to stick to paper based for my resit as that is what I am used to!
  • Loz1234
    Options
    No I've got Unit 11 and Unit 9 to do and the project.

So I was just going to try to sit unit 11 and 9 as a paper based exam as thats what Im used to and then transfer to the new standards for the project and the BTC and also if I failed any of the other 2.

Now I'm thinking though, if I transfer to the New standards now I could sit a computer based exam before June so could maybe get it completed alot quicker.

Just don't know what to do anymore, I'm really confused and on the verge of giving up.
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    The June Exam Timetable is in the Jan/Feb 2011 Accounting Technician Magazine (available online too). It tells you that this will be the final paper based exams and tells you which ones are available. As far as I can see all Diploma Level Papers are available.
Privacy Policy