Home For accounting professionals General accounting discussion
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Ltd Company Year End

MoobagMoobag Feels At HomeRegistered Posts: 59
Can someone let me know how easy it is to change a company year end with companies house.

I have a company that is showing as dormant on companies house. We last produced accounts upto 28th feb 2010. The company has now started to trade 1st januar 2011 and want a year end upto 31st December 2011.

The problem I have is that they want the dormant to be taken off, as it is delaying them change some utility suppliers! I suggested they produce the accounts upto the end of Feb 2011 which will show a bit of trading and then change year end so that they only do a 10month period and then their year end would be correct.

I wonder if someone could give me some advice and let me know what forms I might need to fill in and what I need to do.



  • MonsoonMonsoon Font Of All Knowledge FMAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 4,071
    It's easy. You can log into companies house online filing and do it in there. There clear guidance on their website on the rules for changinng the length of accounting periods, it's worth having a read before you do it.
  • Rozzi RainbowRozzi Rainbow Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 465
    As Monsoon said, it's easy to do online, this is certainly the quickest way. If you're unable to do it online the paper form you will need is AA01 Change of accounting reference date, which can be downloaded from Companies House website.
Sign In or Register to comment.