Ltd Company Year End

Options
Moobag
Moobag Registered Posts: 59 Regular contributor ⭐
Can someone let me know how easy it is to change a company year end with companies house.

I have a company that is showing as dormant on companies house. We last produced accounts upto 28th feb 2010. The company has now started to trade 1st januar 2011 and want a year end upto 31st December 2011.

The problem I have is that they want the dormant to be taken off, as it is delaying them change some utility suppliers! I suggested they produce the accounts upto the end of Feb 2011 which will show a bit of trading and then change year end so that they only do a 10month period and then their year end would be correct.

I wonder if someone could give me some advice and let me know what forms I might need to fill in and what I need to do.

Thanks

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    It's easy. You can log into companies house online filing and do it in there. There clear guidance on their website on the rules for changinng the length of accounting periods, it's worth having a read before you do it.
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    Rozzi Rainbow Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    As Monsoon said, it's easy to do online, this is certainly the quickest way. If you're unable to do it online the paper form you will need is AA01 Change of accounting reference date, which can be downloaded from Companies House website.
Privacy Policy