Home For accounting professionals General accounting discussion
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Dormant Company

RachelRachel Trusted RegularFMAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 349
Is there a form for setting a company to dormant status with HMRC or is a letter better? The company has been trading.

I thought I needed a CT41G but it appears that is just for new companies that haven't traded.

Kind Regards



  • MonsoonMonsoon Font Of All Knowledge FMAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 4,071
    There might be a form, but I would just pop them a letter. In the past a phone call has done the trick but with HMRC it's better to get things in writing!
  • RachelRachel Trusted Regular FMAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 349
    That's what I thought thanks Monsoon.
Sign In or Register to comment.