Personal Tax CBE

Options
JodieOwls
JodieOwls Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
I am taking a re-sit for the PTC unit and doing a CBE for the old qualification style, does anyone know whether the practice test on Kaplan EN-Gage site is similar to the actual CBE??

Comments

• coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    How are you able to do a CBE for the the old standards PTC paper? Have I missed something? I wasn't aware that any of the Level 4 papers were available as CBE's.
  • JodieOwls
    Options
    I think it has only just become available to do a CBE as all of my other exams have been paper based. I think it may be because the old qualification has to be completed by the June 2011 sitting, when I registered to sit the paper there was the option to do all level 4 papers CBE.
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    JodieOwls wrote: »
    I think it has only just become available to do a CBE as all of my other exams have been paper based. I think it may be because the old qualification has to be completed by the June 2011 sitting, when I registered to sit the paper there was the option to do all level 4 papers CBE.

That's strange because the AAT have confirmed to us today that CBE's are still not an option at Level 4 under the old standards.
  • JodieOwls
    Options
    coojee wrote: »
    That's strange because the AAT have confirmed to us today that CBE's are still not an option at Level 4 under the old standards.

Well I dont know why they have said that then because i'm sitting the Personal Tax one today??
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Good luck today with your PTX CBA! :)
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Becky V
    Becky V Registered Posts: 374 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Good luck with your ptx exam i am sitting mine on 19th april. Could you confirm if you get a provisional result that day as i have just been told you do? :)
  • leonag
    leonag Registered Posts: 46 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi Becky

No you don't get a provisional result, I sat my personal tax last Thursday, when you click finish it asks you if you're sure a couple of times then just goes blank. Just have to keep checking the my aat page for the results.
    Leona
  • Becky V
    Options
    Thank you Leona
    didnt think we did but just wanted to check! How was the exam? Fingers crossed for you!
  • leonag
    leonag Registered Posts: 46 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I think I studied a different subject to the exam, nobody in my class has any idea whether they have passed or failed. The questions were all worded to catch you out, and they didn't provide enough information, I had 1 question that asked if companies had to pay capital gains tax on gains on fixed assets- It doesn't matter whether I know the answer or not I thought I was doing a personal tax exam. Any way rant over, I'm in a good mood today, I just got myself a bookkeeper job and I start Monday, so I'm smiling----alot!
  • Becky V
    Options
    I have read other posts saying it was not the best exam and the questions are worded very different!! Congrats on the bookkeeping job and good luck :)
  • BeccaLouJ9
    BeccaLouJ9 Registered Posts: 896 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Congratulations on new job!

x
  • JodieOwls
    Options
    I found that there was one question that was in it about the strict method of calculating interest, ive got noted about it in my class notes out it but the tutor told us that it would not be in the exam.
    I think i passed section 2 this time, which i failed last time and failed section 1 which i passed last time!!
Privacy Policy