Appeal for cbe

Options
Becky V
Becky V Registered Posts: 374 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi i have been told im not yet competent on my fnst exam, and have send the form off to appeal! Just wondering if anyone else has done this procedure and did you get the feedback you wanted?
Many thanks

Comments

• Becky V
    Options
    Just an update to say i am still waiting almost 4 weeks later!!!!!!
    Spoke to AAT today and they have a backlog of appeals and if i dont get mine by friday they will refund me the money but still cant tell me when i will get my feedback!!!!!
    What a joke!!!!!!!
  • AmyRichardson
    AmyRichardson Registered Posts: 89 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    mate that is just shameful...

Cant believe them!!!!!!!!!! surely it cant be that hard?

Oh well, i best start revising for the resit - which may not even be necessary - yay! not.
  • Becky V
    Options
    mate that is just shameful...

Cant believe them!!!!!!!!!! surely it cant be that hard?

Oh well, i best start revising for the resit - which may not even be necessary - yay! not.

Hi Amy

I am so fed up with it, i cant resit it until i know where i went wrong! The whole process is so stressful and really am fed up with it all and have only just started the level 4! It is wasting time and money. I was told there is a backlog and i wonder why??????!!!!!!!!

Rant over!!!!

When is your resit? Good luck.
  • eloise
    eloise Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hi

I have just got my results for a resit of FNPF, not yet competant. I have no idea why so I am going to appeal, even more so since I got my first exam refunded because of technical issues.
    Does anyone know if there is much point in appealing i.e do they tell you were you went wrong or has anyone had a result passed because of it?
    I was going to apply to do CIMA this year but I think I'll probrably wait now since as even if you come out the exam confident in what youve done you still may have failed. Also why on earth can we not have a provisional result when the majority is computer marked?!
  • gemmahutchings7
    gemmahutchings7 Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    i find it quite annoying that with past paper exams you could go on the aat website and get an overview of the sections that you passed and failed on - very helpful without having to pay for it!!
    Now with CBE you have to pay £23 to get this info!
    Not happy.
    I am struggleing with one last exam and now i have to pay to fin out where i went wrong! Plus its clear from this thread its not even a speedy process either!

NOT HAPPY AT ALL!!!
  • eloise
    eloise Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    so does the appeal actually pin point what you got wrong?

I can only think of one question at the end where I wasnt sure and that was in no revision pack.
    I find frustrating that they have changed the syllabus by grouping bits together but still ahvent created more than one cbe to practice, after doing it a few times you know what to put to get it right.
  • Becky V
    Options
    eloise wrote: »
    Hi

I have just got my results for a resit of FNPF, not yet competant. I have no idea why so I am going to appeal, even more so since I got my first exam refunded because of technical issues.
    Does anyone know if there is much point in appealing i.e do they tell you were you went wrong or has anyone had a result passed because of it?
    I was going to apply to do CIMA this year but I think I'll probrably wait now since as even if you come out the exam confident in what youve done you still may have failed. Also why on earth can we not have a provisional result when the majority is computer marked?!

I totally agree with you, on the practice exam you get a pass or fail mark so why cant it be the same as the real exam?! I know some questions are human marked but this is only 2 or 3 questions! This really needs to be sorted. I am still waiting and if i dont receive anything tomorrow AAT will be getting a phone call from me!!
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    While I'm sure the AAT are aware of the 'teething issues' with the introductions of the CBAs, I think it's important they get direct feedback on the issues you're having.

They have their own ideas and have done their own research into how the CBAs and new qualification structure should be, but they won't be able to improve them unless you tell them exactly what it's like from your end, so they need to hear this directly from you.

I can't imagine how frustrating this is for you all, I hope you manage to get the outcome you want.
  • Becky V
    Options
    Monsoon wrote: »
    While I'm sure the AAT are aware of the 'teething issues' with the introductions of the CBAs, I think it's important they get direct feedback on the issues you're having.

They have their own ideas and have done their own research into how the CBAs and new qualification structure should be, but they won't be able to improve them unless you tell them exactly what it's like from your end, so they need to hear this directly from you.

I can't imagine how frustrating this is for you all, I hope you manage to get the outcome you want.

I have told them exactly how i feel about it and how disheartening it is!! How stressful it can be and to pay for the appeal it is a joke, when the paper based you get automatic feedback. I have another exam to sit in 2 weeks and really not looking forward to it! I have done the practice exams and felt fairly confident but now that has been taken away!
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I'm glad you've let them know!! It really is bad the way these CBAs have been done in many cases. Best of luck with your next exam, I know it's easier said than done but do try and think positive x
  • Becky V
    Options
    Thank you Monsoon, i know i can do it and am competent in some areas so really want to pass!! Fingers crossed! x
  • rehana
    rehana Registered Posts: 61 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Becky,

I sent you a PM
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Becky V wrote: »
    I totally agree with you, on the practice exam you get a pass or fail mark so why cant it be the same as the real exam?! I know some questions are human marked but this is only 2 or 3 questions! This really needs to be sorted. I am still waiting and if i dont receive anything tomorrow AAT will be getting a phone call from me!!

I get the impression that you have to pass the computer part of the exam AND the human marked bit so you can't pass if you get all the computer bits right and all of the human marked bits wrong. That's why they can't give you a provisional mark. The paper's are the same as the old ones in that you have to show competence throughout the paper.

I think the appeal only shows you which tasks you were competent on and which ones not, so you don't get any feedback as such. It's not particularly helpful if you can't remember the task numbers. Say you were not competent on Task 2.3, that's only helpful if you can remember what Task 2.3 was all about.
  • Becky V
    Options
    coojee wrote: »
    I get the impression that you have to pass the computer part of the exam AND the human marked bit so you can't pass if you get all the computer bits right and all of the human marked bits wrong. That's why they can't give you a provisional mark. The paper's are the same as the old ones in that you have to show competence throughout the paper.

I think the appeal only shows you which tasks you were competent on and which ones not, so you don't get any feedback as such. It's not particularly helpful if you can't remember the task numbers. Say you were not competent on Task 2.3, that's only helpful if you can remember what Task 2.3 was all about.

Hi Coojee i have received my feedback today and you are exactly right it says exc, met or dnm on the task numbers and that is it, but i can kind of remember what they were and now what to revise on more! Outcome was still not yet competent, gutted but need to move on now!
  • AmyRichardson
    AmyRichardson Registered Posts: 89 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    hi becky

i think thats disgusting of them!! i mean how are you supposed to remember! and they STILL dont explain where you went wrong. what a rip off!

got my re sit on thursday and still not 100% confident
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    Becky
    I like your attitude
    These exams are not designed to be easy, they are there to enable candidates to show how good they are.
    You pass provided you are right on 70%+ of the marks.

When you have passed, you will see that the letters MAAT are a badge of quality. What employers hopefully recognise is that employees with MAAT are able to do a very good job. What I hope no one wants is for people to pass who will not do a good job. That would devalue the qualification.

You have quite rightly identified that now is the time to move on. Master those areas you already passed and add the others so that your next attempt is successful and you can be proud of the work you did to get there.

All the very best.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • Kitkat82
    Kitkat82 Registered Posts: 46 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi Becky, did they not give you a percentage at all? I'm still waiting on my appeal, but i don't expect i'll receive anything until May with the time they've taken to respond to you x
  • Becky V
    Options
    Hi Sandy thank you for your reply! It was hard to understand that i had failed as i do this kind of work all the time, but now i need to think positive and carry on with my studies and fingers crossed i will pass second time!

Kitkat no there wasnt a percentage and i did email back to ask for my percentage but they couldnt give it to me but said i need to get 70%+ in both sections!!! So i didnt even know how much i failed by which i really dont understand why they cant tell me!!!
    Good luck with your appeal! Mine was over the 20 working days so i did get my money back which was something i guess!
Privacy Policy