New MIP

Options
Sandra
Sandra Registered Posts: 20 New contributor 🐸
Hi
I have just recieved my MIP licence! It seems as though it has taken forever to reach this point, all the studying and sleepless nights but I am actually here now. I have been working for an accountant (FCA) for the last 4 years and now he is retiring and handing the clients over to me - to say I'm scared is an understatment!! I have briefly looked at the support etc offered to MIP by the AAT, does anyone have any tips/feedback re starting off MIP please

Thanks
Sandra

Comments

• Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    First off, well done!

Most new MIP's biggest worry is to get those first few clients, which you got already sorted, so I would say you are in a nice position to get started!

As you have worked for the accountant, I'm sure you know the customers already and that will help. Even if you haven't spoken to them before, you most likely have seen the books, so it's not completely new.

Stick to it, make sure you ask advice if you feel you need it and most of all enjoy!
  • Sandra
    Sandra Registered Posts: 20 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Thanks Rinske, yes I do know most of the clients but its a confidence thing more than anything, just afraid of screwing up I suppose. Now the buck stops with me.....its good to know that there are people on this forum who have a wealth of experience that they are willing to share.
    Thanks again for your kind wishes

S
  • BCASL
    BCASL Registered Posts: 64 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I'm sure it will all be fine. Just remember, ALWAYS ask for advice if you are not sure about something and don't be afraid to tell a client you don't know, if you are not sure about something, but you will take advice - honesty is the best policy. Make sure you build up a network of colleagues that you can bounce ideas and queries off.

I know you will have a great time - good luck for the future
Privacy Policy