Dfs cba results ?

Options
rehana
rehana Registered Posts: 61 Regular contributor ⭐
Anyone waiting for these results, sat over 6 weeks ago and still nothing from AAT.

Comments

• Shell B
    Shell B Registered Posts: 95 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    hello

which unit is this??? i get confused at what they are all called and people call them different things. Is it the financial statements one if so i got my results yesterday after i ahd chased them up with AAT, it was 6 weeks yesterday and when i looked in the morning they were not there so gave them a call and about an hr or so later they were there.

when they say to people it will take 6 weeks results should be there in time ready, its horrible waiting at the best of times never mind when they are late.

Hope you get your soon and pass.

Shell B
  • rehana
    Options
    Yes it is Financial Statements.
    Just can't get through on the phone and they take ages to reply to emails
  • Shell B
    Options
    i did have to wait a while but i would not say ages think i was 9th in the call line when i made the call. I got a really nice lady who did put me on hold for a while as she looked into what was happening and then she said that my results were in the process of being up loaded and that they would be there either by the end of the day or 5pm today then i got them an hr later.

When should you ahve got them?????
  • Becky V
    Becky V Registered Posts: 374 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi Shell did you pass fnst?
  • Shell B
    Options
    Hello Becky

Yes i some how managed it, it really was not an easy exam not that you expect them to be easy but a few tricks at the start i thought.
    I did balance mind but it was not that bit whihc concerned me it was the ratios i found it very difficult to remember then and describe what they were and what effects them.

How you getting on with your revising?????

Did you appeal for more info on yours??? if so have you got anything back yet?

Am doing financial performance now which i am really struggling with costing is not my strong point at all, i think this is the bit that i dislike the most.

Shell
  • rehana
    Options
    Thanks for the info, i will try again tomorrow.
    They should have been out on Monday 14th.
  • Becky V
    Options
    Hi i sent my appeals form off but could take up to 20 days!! So just got to wait!
    I am now revising for personal tax and my exam is for 19th April.
    Congratulations on passing yours :)
  • Shell B
    Options
    thanks Becky much appreciated

i have done the personal tax one and all i can say is be prepared for wordy true and false questions (wordy not in the sense long) but in the way they try and catch you out a bit. They will ask you one way and then ask you the same question again but change one word thats what i mean.

i basically read the book over and over again for that one as i found my notes from lesson were not much use and i did all the questions from the book too.

Good luck and i hope they sort our appeal out soon

Shell B
  • Becky V
    Options
    Thanks Shell, to be honest i dont know we bother revising as the questions are so hard at times and really dont know what they are on about!!
    I have the Kaplan book and seems really good and am the same just reading over and over and practise questions.
    Did the cba exam on the aat website and pass but i guess that doesnt mean anything to what can haapen on the day!
  • rehana
    Options
    Result - passed Financial statements
  • keane155
    keane155 Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    rehana wrote: »
    Result - passed Financial statements

Well done!! :)
  • Angie9
    Angie9 Registered Posts: 12 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Poor Results

I'm still waiting for my results for Financial statements, which I sat over six weeks ago. But I've just received an email from my tutor at college who just had a reply back from AAT. My college queried with AAT about the poor results their students had with Financial statements. Has anyone else had the same problems?

AAT reply:
    Financial statements CBT

A few training providers have reported concerns about their low success rates for the Financial statements CBT and we are investigating these concerns. These are the initial results of our investigations:

Low performance in extended writing tasks
    Analysis of the feedback and results of the Financial statements CBT has revealed that the performance of students in the extended writing tasks, in both sections of the test, is not as strong as their performance in the calculation tasks. This observation is true across a number of assessments that involve extended writing tasks. We’ll be providing further feedback on this specific matter in a separate communication.
    Use of brackets, rather than minus symbol

During our investigations, we also identified that students who got a calculation wrong were not awarded part of their method marks if they used brackets (rather than a minus sign) to show their negative figure in the workings tables in section. This was a temporary error, which we have now corrected.

Although the majority of unsuccessful students used the minus sign for negative figures, and were unsuccessful because of their performance in section 2, we are continuing our checks to ensure that no student is penalised because of this issue. Should our review result in a revised outcome for any student, we’ll write to both the student and training provider concerned.

If you have any queries or comments relating to the issues please respond to assessments@aat.org.uk with ‘Financial statements CBT’ in the email subject line.
  • AmyRichardson
    AmyRichardson Registered Posts: 89 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    that helps, I'm going to email to see if it affected me, i still have an unsure result!
  • AmyRichardson
    AmyRichardson Registered Posts: 89 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Angie, have you been checking the 'assesment results' page or Statement of achievement?

Or both?

my SOA says I havent attempted it and result is NYC!
  • Angie9
    Angie9 Registered Posts: 12 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Amy,

I’ve been checking both, my SOA says I haven’t attempted it and nothing is showing on my assessment results page.

I did ring AAT today to find out why my result wasn't showing yet and was told that there had been problems with the results for financial statements and that my paper was being remarked and I should have the result back in the next 2 weeks.

I've lost faith in the AAT, why didn't they trial the revised qualification on a small portion of the country to iron out any problems before rolling out to the whole of the UK.

I should have stuck with paper exams.
  • Becky V
    Options
    Hi Angie i was interested reading your post. I was told that i was not yet competent in my fnst and am now awaiting feedback. I am too losing faith in AAT and have heard so many complaints and it is not giving srudents any encouragement to carry on!!! Let us know when you get your results. Fingers crossed you passed! :)
  • aleyandra
    aleyandra Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I also rang them yesterday and they told me all results were delayed for extra checks but that was all sorted and the results were being loaded yesterday.

Neesdless to say I didn't get the result yesterday or this morning and they won't give out any results over the phone.

Hopeless!
  • one-eyed-womble
    one-eyed-womble Registered Posts: 31 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Well I sat the DFS computer assessment this morning and it's obvious that there are still problems to be ironed out.

At first I couldn't get my figures to balance. Then after completing the next section the whole thing crashed and I lost half my work. It did however graciously add some time onto the countdown clock. I asked the invigilator if it had happened before and he said 'every time'. And to top it all, one of the multiple choice questions didn't have the right answer as an option so I had to pick the nearest one. The invigilator agreed the right answer wasn't shown. I accept the fact that the fact my figures didn't balance could have been me even though I checked and checked and they were out by a LOT!

The invigilator said he will report my comments back. But I just don't understand why this has been rolled out without being tested properly. I now have to wait 6 weeks for the result of an exam I don't have much faith in. Please please AAT can you get this right, this is important stuff!!

Disgruntled!
  • Claireee
    Claireee Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Result at last

Hi - I've been waiting all week on my Fin St result and finally it appeared tonight on my exam results page (thank goodness it showed I was competent!!). It's so frustrating waiting like that, although at least it shows they are taking care over marking them.

I was expecting an email from AAT but haven't had one so if you're still waiting, make sure you check the appropriate page on the AAT website.

Good luck everyone still waiting
Privacy Policy