Advice needed

Options
2»

Comments

• Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Monsoon wrote: »
    This thread is jinxing me now, I keep posting wages taxes to 2220 not 2210! :lol:

I always post wages to 2220 (net wages) not 2210 (PAYE) - or is it the wages journal you are doing?

Got me at it now, didn't check that you meant the tax -sorry - doh!!
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Absolutely spot on Gem.

As for the question over how the factorers didn't initially spot it, well if it says invoice on the document they're gonna take it as an invoice. It's likely this was an error only spotted when debtors checked their statements and saw the erroneous invoices. But the question I have here is: why so many credit notes? Factorers are always naturally suspicious of these since it's a warning sign of pre-invoicing, explicitly banned under factoring rules?
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Gem7321 wrote: »
    If you'd ordered a product from a supplier and they sent you the wrong item or it was broken wouldn't you call the supplier and complain and have them send you what you ordered? Sorry to put it so crudely but in recruitment candidates are products and if the customer isn't satisfied they should go back to the supplier and complain as if it were any other supplier.

Sorry Glynis but I think you should be grateful that the boss is reviewing your work and that they haven't terminated your assignment and put another temp in there.

But like anyone who has ever made a mistake I bet you won't do it again and will be extra cautious!!
    Sorry Gem, I missed your answer there!

It is a good point, but I would expect the company to sort it with Glynis. If it doesn't improve or escalates to take it up with the agency to arrange another temp, or end the services and swap over to another agency. That's how I used to deal with it and how most companies I worked for dealt with agencies in general.

That's no comment that Glynis should be replaced btw, just a general way of dealing with things if it escalates, not because they made one mistake!
Privacy Policy