Dozy question of the day: do I have to wait til 6th April to file P35?

Options
Monsoon
Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
I've just done monthly payroll, it's finished, 99.99999% sure there will be no adjustments before the end of the year. Can I just submit the P35 now and send out P60s or do I have to wait til the end of the tax year?

Yes, I should know the answer to this and no, apparently I've never been this organised before :lol:

Comments

• sloshed
    sloshed Registered Posts: 100 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I would do it know and get it out of the way. If there are any amendments you can always amend the return even if it has been submitted.
  • Monsoon
    Options
    Ta. I did it in the end, as you say, can always amend but that's highly unlikely! :D
  • JodieR
    JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I know they changed the rules a while back so that if a business ceased during the year they are now allowed to file the P35 at the time instead of waiting for April, so I'd guess that that rule applies to organised people too!
  • Monsoon
    Options
    JodieR wrote: ยป
    I know they changed the rules a while back so that if a business ceased during the year they are now allowed to file the P35 at the time instead of waiting for April, so I'd guess that that rule applies to organised people too!
    :D

For the record, lest anyone actually think me organised, I'm not. Was just at a clients premises, had done March's payroll and may as well file the year end as it's touch of a button in 12Paysoftware.

I don't think my directors salary P35s are good to go yet, but that's something for someone to do next week!
Privacy Policy