Accountancy or Accounting?

GinnyBee
GinnyBee Registered, Tutor Posts: 131 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
This might seems like a silly question but here goes anyway! If someone is an MIP and wanted to use name + Accountancy or Accounting which is the right one to use and why?

For me say I could set up:

GinnyBee Accountancy Services

OR

GinnyBee Accounting Services

Does one give a better idea of what I'd be doing? Assume its a general practice aimed at small to medium businesses.

On a final note, I probably won't actually use GinnyBee as my practice name.........

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    On a final note, I probably won't actually use GinnyBee as my practice name.........

I dunno, it's kinda cute! :thumbup:

I personally prefer Accountancy, but I don't think one is more accurate than the other.
  • KaelaH
    KaelaH Registered Posts: 131 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I personally think Accountancy sounds a bit better but, like Monsoon says, either do the trick. I guess it's just a matter if seeing which one sounds best alongside main name
  • GinnyBee
    Looks like my decision might have been made for me. Checked to see if I could get the name for my website this morning, I can have "Accountancy" but someone already has "Accounting". Yeah have checked out their website and its quite different to what I plan.

Just as well really because I'd decided overnight that Accountancy sounded better anyway!
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Sounds good enough. It might be worth checking if the accounting company is in your neighborhood, you don't want their customers getting confused with you and them complaining to you etc.

Maybe you should go for the GinnyBee Accountancy after all!

Anyways, I agree on the accountancy over accounting bit though!
  • GinnyBee
    Well they are in the same country but at the other end! They're near London and I'm in Cumbria - should be far enough away for no one to get too confused. I've been checking and the practice does not seem to have any real web presence, just a site to display their map and telephone number. I'm planning a bit more than that. The name is relevant for me anyway.

Otherwise I might have gone with GinnyBee Accountancy - at least people might remember the unusual name!!
Privacy Policy