Website hosting and building

Options
GinnyBee
GinnyBee Registered, Tutor Posts: 131 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
Can anyone recommend a good company to use for website hosting? I've been looking at loads and am so confused! Ideally good value, can grow with my business and flexible in/out? Don't want a lot do I :)

Another question, any recommendations on how to build my website? I want something fairly cheap and basic to start with bit preferably that doesn't look it!!! Any thoughts on using template websites from hosting companies? Has anyone built one using Wordpress etc?

Thank you!!

Comments

• GinnyBee
    GinnyBee Registered, Tutor Posts: 131 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Sorry, not sure what's happened, this has ended up on here twice in different places!!!
  • paulstafford
    paulstafford Registered Posts: 126 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Having you come across this website?

www.gbbo.co.uk.

Or perhaps this

http://adrianpearson.com/2010/01/12/get-a-great-new-website-in-10-minutes/

I don't know a lot about wordpress, but it doesn't look overly complicated.
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I'm waiting to hear back from a friend of mine. He offers website hosting and standard layout templates for the websites, which can be kept up to date yourself or maintained by him for a fee.

I haven't used him myself, it's a friend and I know he offers a good service for a reasonable price, have seen a few examples and they do look good, but I can't remember what his website was.
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Have you tried office live? I think to build your website is free and you can pay hosting through them for about Β£7.99
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I'd ask DeanShepherd about his, looks very good!
Privacy Policy