Website hosting and building

Options
GinnyBee
GinnyBee Registered, Tutor Posts: 131 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Can anyone recommend a good company to use for website hosting? I've been looking at loads and am so confused! Ideally good value, can grow with my business and flexible in/out? Don't want a lot do I :)

Another question, any recommendations on how to build my website? I want something fairly cheap and basic to start with bit preferably that doesn't look it!!! Any thoughts on using template websites from hosting companies? Has anyone built one using Wordpress etc?

Thank you!!

Comments

• GinnyBee
    GinnyBee Registered, Tutor Posts: 131 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Sorry, not sure what's happened, this has ended up on here twice in different places!!!
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Options
    I originally paid for mine then made adjustments myself to it's current state by altering and adding new pages. The 'News' page is in Wordpress which I did myself but is fairly basic.

I just use hosting from my domain provider and have had no problems.
    Regards,

Burg
  • Haggis
    Haggis Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi - my husband builds websites for sole traders and small businesses, he uses word press and is very happy with it and has built a few sites with it. Hope this is helpful
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hi

I learnt how to design and build websites using NVU. The software is free and very easy to use... http://www.nvu.com/

NVU is a complete Web Authoring System for Linux Desktop, Microsoft Windows and Macintosh users to rival programs like FrontPage and Dreamweaver. Nvu (pronounced N-view, for a "new view") makes managing a web site a snap. If you have any problems with NVU you may want to try KompoZer - http://www.kompozer.net/

Hope this helps.
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
Privacy Policy