Budget 2012 Webinar

Options
Liam Francis
Liam Francis Registered Posts: 9 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
Is anyone else struggling to hear this? A thoroughly frustrating hour thus far.....................

Comments

• BCASL
    BCASL Registered Posts: 64 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    No sound at all here, can you hear anything?
  • Liam Francis
    Options
    No sound at all! A wednesday night wasted! Off down the pub!
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    No sound at all here, so I've given up for now.
    But Liam, you might want to check your days! As far as I know its already Thursday
  • GinnyBee
    GinnyBee Registered, Tutor Posts: 131 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    No sound either, thought it was just me!!!
  • Rinske
    Options
    Is anyone still logged in and waiting to see if it gets better?
  • Liam Francis
    Options
    I thought that a 'virtual' event could be a winner, but it turned out to be a bigger disappointment than my virtual sandwiches.
  • Liam Francis
    Options
    Thursday snuck up on me over the course of the last 20 hours!
  • Liam Francis
    Options
    It`s just finished - have just completed my feedback questionnaire!
  • GinnyBee
    Options
    It`s just finished - have just completed my feedback questionnaire!

Wouldn't even let me do that!!
  • Rinske
    Options
    O well, as they know we didn't have sound, I doubt they expect positive feedback.

it's just a shame though, it was promising and would have managed to be very useful and reach more people this way, if it had worked.

Better luck next time!

(I do hope this one will be available as podcast with sound though)
  • Rinske
    Options
    Has anyone else received the email from the webinar to say they missed you at the event and you can download it as a podcast?

I find the email slightly badly worded as I was there and waiting for them to fix the sound. It might have been a standard email, but they could have checked at least to who were present?
  • ROCK
    ROCK Registered Posts: 15 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Webinar email

I received the same email, what a cheak

You join the event 10 minutes early as instructed, wait an extra 30 minutes for it to get started and then can't hear anything, gave up in the end!
  • GinnyBee
    Options
    Rinske wrote: ยป
    Has anyone else received the email from the webinar to say they missed you at the event and you can download it as a podcast?

I find the email slightly badly worded as I was there and waiting for them to fix the sound. It might have been a standard email, but they could have checked at least to who were present?

Me too!! I WAS there but there didn't seem to anything happening at their end!

Real pity as this was a good opportunity for lots of people to share real time CPD!!
  • Rinske
    Options
    I was there, only missed the last few minutes or so, still, at least we got a podcast apparently.

I'm just a bit annoyed that they put it this way.
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Is anyone else having trouble downloading the podcast? I'm clicking the link and nothing is happening...
  • Rinske
    Options
    I would like to apologise for the sound problems you may have experienced. Regrettably despite several attempts we were unable to resolve the technical issues during the event itself however a recording was completed successfully.

The event slides and audio recording for last nightโ€™s event can now be downloaded at www.aat.org.uk/london the slides are also available to download without audio.

A budget podcast recorded by Michael Steed is also available now at aat.org.uk/2011budget

The branch webinars are a new service we are developing this year to enhance our range of online member benefits, please be assured we are working to improve our delivery going forwards. If you have any feedback you would like to share to help us improve our services please do not hesitate to contact me via branches@aat.org.uk

Thank you again for supporting this event.

Yours sincerely

Neil Newman
    Thank you Neil, for this post and your email.

It is expected to experience some issues with new services, but as long as the communications are clear and open, this is easier to accept.

Getting an email from the branch saying they missed us is a bit like asking why we didn't show up. Which is probably why I and possibly some others, felt a bit offended (well, maybe not that strong, but you get the gist) by it.
Privacy Policy