Finance for ACCA/CIMA

oli
oli Registered Posts: 88 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi there,

I am hopefully going to be AAT qualified by June of this year and just wondering if there is any available student loans available for CIMA/ACCA? I simply cannot afford the fees to pay for it straight away and my employer will not give study support, are there any options open to me?

Also I have been looking into the ATT, would this be a valuable qualification to obtain as prices are more AAT standard.

Any information/advice would be much appreciated :-)

Oli

Comments

• PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I don't know about student loans, theres standard bank loans but if I was you I'd be tempted to just buy the books and self study without support. Its quite doable especially for the earlier modules.
  • oli
    How much less is it to self study rather than study in a classroom? I do prefer to be at a college but if there is a huge price difference I might have to consider it.
  • PGM
    You'd have to see how much you can get the books for. I don't know if Kaplan or BPP do them direct or if you need to get them through amazon etc
  • slackda
    slackda Registered Posts: 460 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Kaplan do a finance option check out the details on thier website

from my glynis post http://financial.kaplan.co.uk/Traini...-payments.aspx

and for example,

FT do taught and revison course about 500 per course...so £1000 per exam,

or can do online course which is about £300 per course, inc online lectures and course materials
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    Rozzi Rainbow Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    BPP certainly sell the ACCA books stand alone but I found them to be cheaper on Amazon - I took F8 (Audit) this way - bought the textbook and revision kit for about £50 plus the revision cards which I think are about £12ish (can't quite remember, sorry!) and took the exam. Much cheaper than a course but you do need some discipline to keep at it - audit was so boring I had to force myself to study and not keep finding distractions! Good luck whatever you decide.
  • PGM
    Or does study support come with the new job oli?
  • oli
    Hi PGM,

Unfortunately study support does not come with the new job, I have looked on Kaplan's website and I would be looking at around £2500 for 2 papers which includes course fees, revision classes and exams. I think my main concern is I don't want to stop studying as I feel if I come out of study it will be hard to get back into it if you know what I mean. I guess I will have to see what happens.

Thanks for all the advice guys :-)
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Generally I just took the taught course and then did my own revision. I did the revision courses if the paper was a difficult one for me.

That worked for me and kept some of the cost down
  • PGM
    Generally I just took the taught course and then did my own revision. I did the revision courses if the paper was a difficult one for me.

That worked for me and kept some of the cost down

I started with distance learning (which I never used the support), so wish I'd just bought the books and saved a load of money. When I got onto the professional modules ie P1 onwards I sat the classes at Kaplan Manchester, which were very good. The quality of teaching staff is very good, only downside is the intense teaching time, with 4/5 days per subject!
Privacy Policy