Accounting Software for a Mac

Options
BCASL
BCASL Registered Posts: 64 Regular contributor ⭐
Good morning all, I wonder if someone could recommend a good (simple) accounting package, that I can recommend to a client, that will run on a Mac. I would have recommended MYOB, but I believe that has been taken over by Mamut - can you still get MYOB, or is there a similar Mamut package?

Any help would be gratefull received - many thanks

Comments

• PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Or get them to use the Windows shell on their Mac so they can use windows software. Is it called Windscreen?
  • mini_schnauzer
    mini_schnauzer Registered Posts: 347 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Or use VMWare Fusion
  • Chinless Wonder
    Chinless Wonder Registered Posts: 61 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    BCASL wrote: »
    Good morning all, I wonder if someone could recommend a good (simple) accounting package, that I can recommend to a client, that will run on a Mac. I would have recommended MYOB, but I believe that has been taken over by Mamut - can you still get MYOB, or is there a similar Mamut package?

Any help would be gratefull received - many thanks

The Mac version of MYOB is called Account Edge. It's also been bought over by Mamut but from what I've been told by my friendly MYOB reseller, they probably won't discontinue it (as they did with MYOB) as they have no Mac software of their own to put in its place.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES tell your client to get Mamut's PC software. I used Mamut Enterprise E3 for best part of a year - in parallel with MYOB while we "got used to it" - and it was one of the most horrific software experiences I've ever had. Horrible, horrible and very expensive software - definitely to be avoided.

I've now shelved Mamut and invested in Sage Accounts Plus which is a usability dream by comparison....
Privacy Policy