Insurance Query

olmotors New MemberRegistered Posts: 14
Hi. I have just started doing peoples accounts from home and have received various documents etc from Clients to go through and suddenly thought what would happen if I was broken into and the clients documents got taken. Does any one know of any way to cover myself if this was to happen or would it be a case of upgrading my current home/contents insurance?


  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Font Of All Knowledge FMAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 4,071
    If you are a full member you need to be a registered member in practice. On of the requirements of this is that you have professional indemnity insurance. This insurance should cover you for loss of paperwork. You also need to register with the Information Commissioner under the Data Protection Act if you haven't already.
  • olmotors
    olmotors New Member Registered Posts: 14
    Thanks, I have PII but only thought this covered mistakes! I have checked my documents and it looks like im ok.
  • mc25
    mc25 Well-Known Registered Posts: 232
    Definately agrees with Monsoon. Its always good to be on the safe side. Good luck.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Not registered?

Register to create your free account, talk to AAT members and start your own discussions.

Privacy Policy