Accounts Apprentice

Options
Louise89
Louise89 Registered Posts: 296 Dedicated contributor 🦉
I'm working as an accounts apprentice studying level 2 with Kaplan and just wondering if there are many more apprentices out there and how much they earn + benefits..

I love my job - just wished it paid more than £8k (was £6k when I started) to be honest after rent there is not much left lol.

Hopefully when I've completed my AAT and go on to study further I'll be able to get a payrise.

Comments

• AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I was on about £12k when I started AAT I think (only a couple of years ago).
  • Louise89
    Options
    Ah, cool.. so you're doing ACCA now? Did you stay with the same company? Also, how are you finding it compared with AAT?
  • BeccaLouJ9
    BeccaLouJ9 Registered Posts: 896 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I started working as trainee accountant, 3 years ago- study incl, 37hr wk, 21days hol- at £12k. I love my job, and I think we all wish we were paid more! :)

Ask for a raise- what can you lose?!

x
  • Woooof
    Woooof Registered Posts: 174 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I started on £6k too, nearly finished level 4 and it has at least doubled. Not going to give an exact figure :p I get all tution/books/fees paid for but no study leave.
  • qwerty
    qwerty Registered Posts: 82 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I started several years ago and started on £75 per week (£3,900 p.a.).

However, now I am on over 11 times that figure, so all worked out in the end!
  • Louise89
    Options
    Haha, pay rise eh? I'm definitely thinking of asking once I have my level 2 diploma.. I guess I am lucky at the moment, the company pays for me to study and I get day release plus they pay my travel.

Qwerty - I'll be one happy bunny if I end up earning as much as you in a few years time :)

After University I was on a 20k salary but hated my job so after a couple of months I took this accounts apprenticeship and beside from the money I absolutely love it! I guess I can survive for a couple of years. Hopefully its worth it!
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Louise89 wrote: »
    Ah, cool.. so you're doing ACCA now? Did you stay with the same company? Also, how are you finding it compared with AAT?

Yip, just started ACCA. I stayed at the same company till 3 weeks ago and only got to £14k. Now moved to industry and doubled my wage with more scope to increase it.
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    When I first started I was on £8,250 + study support
  • Nikdoug
    Nikdoug Registered Posts: 69 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    qwerty wrote: »
    I started several years ago and started on £75 per week (£3,900 p.a.).

However, now I am on over 11 times that figure, so all worked out in the end!

So your on £42,900+ ? Did you continue your studies to Chartered?
Privacy Policy