Will I get some exemptions when I start level 3 on the new format?

Options
geek84
geek84 Registered Posts: 568 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Hi Folks

I have just completed level 2 using the old format assessment, and in the process of going on to level 3 on the new format.

How do I find out if I am entitled to any exemptions?

I do not want to duplicate unecessarily!!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Think your best bet is to ask the AAT. Hope you get some.
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    http://bpp.com/courses/examination-courses/accounting--finance/aat/old-standards/transition-guide.aspx

try this and it tells you exactly what you need to do for the new qualification

tracy
  • pirate
    pirate Registered Posts: 469 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    taskey wrote: ยป
    http://bpp.com/courses/examination-courses/accounting--finance/aat/old-standards/transition-guide.aspx

try this and it tells you exactly what you need to do for the new qualification

tracy

Just a quick note on this tool, if you are doing the diploma pathway it doesnt mention Professional Ethics (not that I can find anyway) which if you have done you will have to redo it on the new
    If you have done everything at Level 2 you have full exemption.
    If you have done everythiing at Level 2 and Level 3 and passed and got the certifcate then you can start at Level 4
    If you have done bits of Level 2 or bits of Level 3 then you may have additional units to do and this guide Tracy quoted above is excellent except for the Prof Ethics
  • geek84
    Options
    Hi Pirate

I'm afraid I got lost on your reply !!

I have completed my level 2 on the old format (diploma). I have just started level 3 on the new format and just want to know what exemptions I am entitled to from level 3.

There are 7 units to complete in level 3, and it would be a great help if I could get any exemptions from some of these units!

Thanks
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    geek84 wrote: ยป
    Hi Pirate

I'm afraid I got lost on your reply !!

I have completed my level 2 on the old format (diploma). I have just started level 3 on the new format and just want to know what exemptions I am entitled to from level 3.

There are 7 units to complete in level 3, and it would be a great help if I could get any exemptions from some of these units!

Thanks

If you've done Unit 34 (31.1) at Level 2 under the Diploma Route then you're exempt Indirect Tax at Level 3.
  • geek84
    Options
    Hi coojee

Thanks for your reply. Do you think I am due for further exemprions apart from the Indirect Tax that you mentioned?

I have completed 31.1, 31.2, and 31.3 under level 2.

Thanks
  • Nikdoug
    Nikdoug Registered Posts: 69 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    I think your best bet is to ring the AAT. They will tell you everything you need to know.
    Nick
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    geek84 wrote: ยป
    Hi coojee

Thanks for your reply. Do you think I am due for further exemprions apart from the Indirect Tax that you mentioned?

I have completed 31.1, 31.2, and 31.3 under level 2.

Thanks

No, there aren't any more exemptions at Level 3. 31.2 doesn't exempt anyone from anything and 31.3 only gives a partial exemption to WEAF at Level 2 - you'd still need to do a transitional assessment if you hadn't completed Level 2.
Privacy Policy