Client moved to Australia during tax year

Sarah-Lou Registered Posts: 141 Dedicated contributor 🦉
My very first client moved to Australia during the last tax year, originally for six months but now looks like she is staying. She is now working.

1) I do not need to declare anything to do with the income earned in Oz? (She has been out of the UK for over the 183 days)

2) She has property income (hence needing me to do accounts for her still) does she get a UK personal allowance still?

Am going to read up on this further but thought perhaps if people here in the know could help as well :o)

Thank you



  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Australia is separate, so you don't need to know about that. Income earned in the UK needs to be declared in self-assessment and, as far as I am aware, the personal allowance still applies.
Privacy Policy