Unit 10 method of assessment under new standards

Options
MWAUGH1983
MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Just wondered how unit 10 was assessed - is it still the 4,000 word report? Just I see it down as a computer based project - I assumed that the computer aspect is the production of a typed document.

Cheers in advanced!

Martin

Comments

• welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi there

If you mean the new name for Unit 10 - ICAS - it is indeed assessed by a computer based project.

You can either do a project based on a workplace or complete a report based on an AAT Case Study. Either way, you will have to submit a report that satisfies all of the assessment criteria. If you choose to do the Case Study, you have 4 months from the date of download to first submission of a completed report (not a draft!). After that, it is up to your tutor whether they allow you the opportunity to upload one or two further submissions. Note, you are only allowed a maximum of 3 submissions in total so it is in your interest to ensure that you've tried to cover all of the criteria in the first submission.

Hope this helps you.

Another piece of information on ICAS is here:

http://www.aat.org.uk/at/content/item145797/
  • MWAUGH1983
    Options
    Thanks for that. Does the case study come from the provider or AAT?

Cheers :)!

Martin
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    MWAUGH1983 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Does the case study come from the provider or AAT?

Cheers :)!

Martin

It comes from the AAT but via your provider. You need to ask your provider if you can do it that way and then you need to pay them for the case study. They will schedule it for you so that you can access it in your Learn plus account.
  • MWAUGH1983
    Options
    coojee wrote: »
    It comes from the AAT but via your provider. You need to ask your provider if you can do it that way and then you need to pay them for the case study. They will schedule it for you so that you can access it in your Learn plus account.

Is the cost not included in the amount you pay for the level? How much is it normally?

Martin
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    MWAUGH1983 wrote: »
    Is the cost not included in the amount you pay for the level? How much is it normally?

Martin

It's not normally included because some people will provide work based evidence so wouldn't need to pay for a case study. I don't know how much they are, sorry.
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Whether the cost of the case study (an the assessment of your report) is included in the cost of your course/fees really depends on the provider. This year we decided to include the cost of assessments (including actually assessing the work) as part of the course fees and they still came in well below certain 'distance' providers. Our current fees are between £475 and £600 depending on the level - includes 6 hours weekly classes (1 day or 2 evenings), loads of practice questions to build your skills and background notes to explain why you do what you've been asked to do. (Indeed, I was asked why I taught some things that aren't actually required to pass the CBAs - my response was to tell them that true competency is about doing all of the job not just ticking boxes to satisfy criteria.)
Privacy Policy