Systems for madium employers

Options
payrollpro
payrollpro Registered Posts: 427 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi everyone,

My client, with 280 employees and all paid monthly, is looking for a new payroll/HR set up. Currently using separate HR database and payroll and both are rather limited in their functionality.

Payroll is hosted but supplier has no in depth expertise whilst the HR system merely manages the records. The only sophistication appears to be that all personal and employment data goes into HR and there is a file transfer to payroll. Other than that everything seems to be manual.

They want a more modern and integrated set up which gives them much better management of employees and a payroll which has a lot more automation. They don't have the sort of cash needed for the big shiny glass and chrome systems used in big companies and as they are a charity even if they had that cash it would not go on a back office facility.

There appears to be some interest in outsourced payroll but HR kept in house (no surprise there).

I am not used to employers of this size so has anyone got any ideas and is anyone using an integrated system targetted at this size of employer?

Payrollpro

Comments

• oakley
    oakley Registered Posts: 73 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    We use a payroll and HR system from http://www.cyberaid.com/

This has been good for up to 500 employees which we had over two payrolls on the one licence, it can also be linked to our T&A system for automatically collecting hours worked.

There is a facility to integrate these hours directly to payroll for overtime etc but we find manually entering them is not that time consuming, normally over three days we can do the payroll start to finish.

Support is good via telephone and some is included in the yearly fee along with all updates which can be downloaded from the internet, they run a year end course annually for aound £100 to refresh memories and give info on changes to the system.

We looked to outsource payroll but the cost, around £18000 for ADP, seemed to high. We pay a few thousand pounds a year for the payroll/HR system and a week per month for a payroll clerk who can then do HR the rest of the time.
  • NeilH
    NeilH Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi

For payroll we use a system called Paypoint, from Actionfile www.action-file.co.uk We don't use their HR system, but I believe they are intergrated. If i'm correct, they have a new software that has superseded Paypoint. The version we have can seem a bit "un friendly" to users of smaller packages like Sage, but the newer software appears to be better.

The system is quite robust and the support is very good, quite often when I've phoned them I get through to an ops manager or technical manager. Some modules are standard, other are add-ons (such as spreadsheet importing, in-year electronic returns etc). I don't think it's the cheapest, but not the most expensive either and the support available is very good.

Neil
  • payrollpro
    payrollpro Registered Posts: 427 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Thank you, I have been contacted by all the usual suspects in the HR software game but I was looking for leads just like these. Personally I've never heard of either of them so they have to be worth looking at.

Payrollpro
  • NeilH
    NeilH Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi

At Actionfile, I usally deal with Clare Reynolds who is the Operations Manager - she knows me as "Neil from New Chapel".
Privacy Policy