Spreadsheets

2ยป

Comments

• AAT Level 3
    AAT Level 3 Registered Posts: 75 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Also it doesn't make it clear. Do you have to get 70% in Tasks 1 and 2 or is it marked as a whole.
    QUOTE]

Just to clarify, that you have to obtain 70% + of the marks in section 1, and also 70% + of the marks in section 2.

I'm not sure that is correct as it does not specify this anywhere on the exam booklet. Unlike the CBA's, Spreadsheets is not in Sections it is in tasks. This leads me to believe that is is marked as a whole or they would have to specify otherwise.
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hello

SPSW is in two sections, each section made up of several tasks, plus a few theory questions at the end so I think Katie2008 could be correct. Section 1 and 2 are testing different skills - just like the CBAs do - especially when you reach level 4.

Also, if you are bored already waiting for your results, wait till you start level 4 and have to wait upto 6 weeks for the results! :)

I think the wait for your SPSW results is dependant on your assessor and the internal verifiers workload.

All the best.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • AAT Level 3
    Still waiting lol. Got my final 2 exams next week on Level 3 so hoping I will get the Spreadsheets result soon so I can relax for once if I pass the other two.
  • JaffasGirl
    JaffasGirl Registered Posts: 387 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Hi guys,

Does Spreadsheets require any assumed knowledge? if so what?

i was thinking about doing this one first after completing Level 2, because i wanted to do a spreadsheets course anyway and this would kill two birds with one stone! lol

Thanks
  • Jo Clark
    Hello JaffasGirl

I don't think it requires any assumed knowledge. The course material that I had took you through the very basics right through to the more complex functions that you will be tested on in the CBP.

If you have any problems when studying this module ask questions here and also search the Microsoft Knowledge database. Make sure you check with your test centre which version of Excel they are using so you can familiarise yourself with the menu layout etc.

If you search on this forum for posts by me I think I posted some useful links a while ago.

All the best.

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
  • JaffasGirl
    Hi Jo,

Thanks! Does the course provide a copy of a spreadsheet software? or is it assumed you have one? lol i have a mac, and i doubt the software they use is numbers :D

It won't be for a couple of months yet before i start, still need to finish Level 2, but it will probably be my first unit for Level 3.

Thanks again!
  • Jo Clark
    Hiya

No - I don't think you will be provided with any spreadsheet software. Will you be studying this as a distance study student or through a college?

I have MS Excel and use it on a daily basis for work. You may like to check with your test centre what they use. There is a free version (not full version) of MS Excel which you can access online - try this http://www.openoffice.org/ not sure if it will work on a MAC - let me know.

Any other questions just let me know :)

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Jo Clark
    Hello

My post above refers to MS Excel - the version on openoffice is called Calc -

Calc is the spreadsheet you've always wanted. Newcomers find it intuitive and easy to learn; professional data miners and number crunchers will appreciate the comprehensive range of powerful features including Advanced DataPilot technology, Natural language formulas, an Intelligent Sum Button, a comprehensive range of advanced spreadsheet functions, Styles and Formatting, and a Scenario Manager for "what ifs".

Give it a go and let me know what you think :D
    Benjamin Franklin
  • JaffasGirl
    Didn't think so lol

Im studying it distance learning, we have it on the computers at work, but my boss doesn't know I'm studying the AAT, not really relevant to Estate Agency! lol

Im sure i can use it though, I'm often left on my own in the office. did you study it distance learning? just wondered if there is a time limit? I bought the WEAF unit, and it turns out you have to complete it in five weeks (which i wasn't told when i bought it, and its doesnt say it anywhere online but never mind!)

I know the basics of spreadsheets, and i can figure out how to do tables and charts, and i know the SUM formula, but no doubt this course is more in depth then that!!

Thanks
  • Jo Clark
    I studied it through a training provider and the course is run online.

I had two weeks to self study the material. There was access to an online forum and tutor for any queries I had.

I was then able to either sit the CBP or submit workplace based evidence. I was advised that I needed to complete this within five weeks after completing the study - so seven weeks in total - about the same length as some of the other level 3 units.

I decided it was easier to sit the CBP than try and gather evidence from work which covered all the criteria.

If you need any help with the formulae and some of the theory drop me an email.

I really enjoyed this module and am more than happy to help :)
    Benjamin Franklin
  • JaffasGirl
    was it BPP by any chance? thats who I'm with now, as i like the way their books are set out, and their centre is the one closest to me lol

Need to organise getting this WEAF unit sat, hopefully they can be a bit flexible with the dates as its hard to get the time off work, especially as they don't know I'm studying.

Thanks, i shall keep in touch.
  • Jo Clark
    Morning

Yes it was BPP. Which centre do you go to? I've sent you a pm here with some information.

Have a good day!
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Sulew17
    Sulew17 Registered Posts: 174 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Hi, very interesting thread - I'm starting Level 3 in Sept and looking forward to the spreadsheet module as I think this should be the easiest!

I've been told that AAT base the CBT's, etc, on Excel 07. Since I've only got 2003 I've had to buy 07. Take a look at software4students.co.uk - reduced rates for students on MS software. I think I paid about ยฃ38 for it. I'm also sure they do a Mac version. Good luck!

Su
  • Jo Clark
    Hello Su

Yes it is an interesting thread and an interesting module!

Interesting that you have been told that the AAT base the CBP on Excel 07. I think it is best you check what version your test centre has installed on their computers.

My study material was split into two sections - Excel 2003 and Excel 2007. My test centre has Excel 2003 installed but I would have been equally prepared for Excel 2007 as I checked this at the start of the module.

Good luck and do shout if you have any questions :)

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Sulew17
    Sulew17 Registered Posts: 174 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Thanks Jo, I checked with my tutor and she confirmed that it's 2007. Mind you the college haven't updated their software yet so hopefully they will be the time we sit the exam!

Am sure I will need some help at some stage so thanks for your offer Jo.

Su
  • AAT Level 3
    I have my last Level 3 exam tomorrow and still don't have a provisional result for Spreadsheets very annoying considering people in my class already have a provisional result and will be able to chill out after tomorrow. You would think they would release all the results at once.
  • BeccaLouJ9
    BeccaLouJ9 Registered Posts: 896 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I have my last Level 3 exam tomorrow and still don't have a provisional result for Spreadsheets very annoying considering people in my class already have a provisional result and will be able to chill out after tomorrow. You would think they would release all the results at once.

Hey, I got mine last week after 4 weeks!? I don't know how long they usually take but I thought this was a looong time?! (fortunately a pass) How long has yours been so far?

B x
  • AAT Level 3
    It was two weeks ago today we were told by Kaplan we would get a provisional result today which we never. Was rather deflating as I passed my final exam today and I still have this hanging over me so can't relax yet.

They really should do spreadsheets as the first exam so there isn't this long wait.

Well done on the pass.
  • BeccaLouJ9
    BeccaLouJ9 Registered Posts: 896 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Well I guess that would make sense- you could then get on with all the others while you wait for the result and you'd therefore not be thinking about it too much.. But there must be some logic to the way colleges structure the order the units are taught in I suppose!

Doing DL I got to choose which I did when!

Congrats on your pass btw! :)

B x
  • AAT Level 3
    Think the fact I have no idea how Spreadsheets is marked is worrying me too. I mean the questions were not hard, however, I can imagine petty marks will page lost on formatting.
  • Jo Clark
    Think the fact I have no idea how Spreadsheets is marked is worrying me too. I mean the questions were not hard, however, I can imagine petty marks will page lost on formatting.

Hello

Did the questions not tell you how to format the data?

From what I recall, there was guidance on font size, typeface, margins, headers/footers and probably more which I can't recall at the moment.

The marking is by the assessor. A colleague and I had results which advised our marks out of a possible total of 13 for part one, 10 for part 2 and 3 for the multiple choice questions at the end.

I think it depends on each question how the marks would be allocated.

Hope you receive your result soon to put your mind at rest.

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Jo Clark
    Hello

Did the questions not tell you how to format the data?

From what I recall, there was guidance on font size, typeface, margins, headers/footers and probably more which I can't recall at the moment.

JC

Just checked the practice SPSW assessment from the AAT website and the questions have clear instructions on formatting. If you followed what the questions requested you should be fine :)
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Cookiex
    Cookiex Registered Posts: 9 Regular contributor โญ
    Hello. How long does it take for you to receive your results? Because I sat my exam at the end of June and I still haven't heard anything. With all my other exams I usually got my result within a few hours...
  • Jo Clark
    Hello Cookiex

It can take upto 4 weeks - 2 weeks for the assessor and 2 weeks for internal verifier. Hopefully you will receive results soon.

Have you been checking e-portfolio on myaat?
    Benjamin Franklin
Privacy Policy