You couldn't make it up.....!!

Monsoon
Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Got this answerphone message emailed to me today from my virtual receptionist:
Jane* - Information Commissioners Office

Called to find out if you have received data protection forms. The incorrect forms have been sent out to you, Jane asked if you could please send these on to the correct person on the envelope if possible. She advised the forms which are for you will be sent to you soon.

*Not her real name

Now, is it me, or are the people responsible for data protection just 'fessing up to having sent me the wrong person's name, address and forms?!?!?! :lol: The mind boggles!

Comments

• jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Priceless!!!
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Love it! :lol:

Although it does make you wonder what happens to our details!
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Oh how wonderful - she must have felt like a complete twerp phoning you up! :lol:
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor 🐘
    I love how she states ... could you just pass them on please !
    Confidential information the highest priority - yeah right !
    LoL ;)
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    :lol:

Ok, so here it is:

I forgot to sign my cheque for my ICO subscription. ICO post it back to me. Except they include someone else's unsigned cheque and notification papers, and mine have been sent to this other person! So we each have each others business details, bank details etc....!!!

I have spoken to the lady at the other business affected, we've both agreed to just swap paperwork with each other in the post.

It came to light when this other lady opened her post and saw she'd been sent the wrong paperwork and she phoned the ICO....

I'm going to ask the ICO if they will waive my fee this year in light of the gross breach of data protection rules we have experienced!
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    OMG - gross breach! Wonder what they would do if it was something that had been reported to them to investigate?????
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor 🐘
    Nothing surprises me anymore what a bunch of muppets!
Privacy Policy