Hobbies/interests (Non-accountancy related)

steveJ
steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor 🐘
Just wondering what you lot get up to when not analysing costs, preparing budgets or forecasting ... oh yeah and studying !

Ive recently been thinking about getting back in to dj'ing. It has been nearly 7 years since i touched a turntable, but would love to get back into the club music scene.

Anyone planning to learn anything new ? i.e language, musical instrument, dancing etc etc ...

Comments

• PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I fancy doing more walking, explore the Lakes a little more...

I used to play the guitar, I shall dust it down now I have more free time.

Used to do a lot of martial arts type stuff, don't know if I'd want that level of danger again :D
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    PGM wrote: Β»
    I used to play air guitar...

So did I but now I have four real life plastic ones...

Guitar Hero... best piece of software ever written.
  • leonag
    leonag Registered Posts: 46 Regular contributor ⭐
    One more exam to go for me. My husband thinks that's more time spare for me to work, and whilst that was the intention of the course...........I'm going to have a break first! That doesn't mean I'm suddenly going to take up bungee jumping or anything though, it just means the ironing might get done.

I have 2 part time jobs, and do a bit of self employed work, I've got 3 children(all under 10), 3 dogs (one of them expecting puppies), 6 chickens, 2 lizards (and all their bug food, crickets and the like, that all need feeding and cleaning as well) and a tank full of fish.

I'm not sure how I ended up with all these, first we got kids then the pets seemed to follow, and as with all children and their pets... I end up looking after them, I'll admit the eggs come in handy for Pavlova's though! My husband would love a farm, I would love an apartment in New York, so when I've finished my course, I'm going to iron my clothes so I don't look so wrinkled, go to the hairdressers and get my nails done.

I may have to consider the work thing soon though, what with the longer, more impressive and more expensive school trips, kids swimming, hockey, football and my youngest now enrolled in his first moto X race at the weekend, I'm going to need the cash!

Leona
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I've got 3 dogs and 4 chickens. I like walking. I also like off roading.
    I dance and I play minecraft. A lot.
    I watch stuff like CSI, White Collar, Game of Thrones, Hustle.

Previous occupations of my time (but that don't happen at the moment) include playing WoW (have been clean about 3 years now, but apparently Minecraft addiction has replaced it recently :lol:) playing guitar and piano, singing, reading books (fantasy fiction mostly), gardening badly.
  • PGM
    Monsoon wrote: Β»
    I also like off roading.

What vehicle do you have?

I recently got a Land Rover, lots of fun!
  • Monsoon
    I've got a 1995 Discovery 300TDi. It's a shed and keeps breaking, but then that's Land Rover for you! Previously I've had 2 Isuzu Trooper 2.8TD SWBs and a Series 3 Landrover 2.25Petrol. What Landy have you got?
  • blobbyh
    Why no mention of your "activity" Miss Pole? I did admire your inventive use of the kiddies swings at the park.
  • PGM
    I've got a 1995 Discovery 300TDi. It's a shed and keeps breaking, but then that's Land Rover for you! Previously I've had 2 Isuzu Trooper 2.8TD SWBs and a Series 3 Landrover 2.25Petrol. What Landy have you got?

I have a Defender 300tdi, 1996. Its not bad condition for its age, but got to keep on top of the rust, and it rusts more than you'd expect for a vehicle primarily made from alluminiun!

You should have kept the Series 3, many of the petrol ones have been converted to LPG now.
  • Monsoon
    blobbyh wrote: Β»
    Why no mention of your "activity" Miss Pole?
    I did:
    I dance
    More specifically, I do pole fitness.
    That better Mr Fussy? :D

PGM, Defenders are nice. My ex tinkered with the Series3 so much I didn't want it any more! In the end he put a 2.8 Isuzu lump in it, and then sold it. Nice mod, but god, I hated living with that bloomin land rover.
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor 🐘
    So whats the thoughts on the 'evoque' ?
  • Monsoon
    steveJ wrote: Β»

Someone needs to tell them someone squashed it......
  • oakley
    oakley Registered Posts: 73 Regular contributor ⭐
    I moved to Poole to do more windsurfing.......

but seemed to end up with more kids, now have 4 and thats the lot! and have managed not to get any pets as they would take up all my spare time.

now getting back into windsurfing a bit, cycling down by sea and walking in the country trying to tire my kids out.
  • PGM
    steveJ wrote: Β»

Possibly for legal/political type reasons they need a higher % of economical vehicle sales, and the evoque does this with its 2L engine.

Not sure if I like these cross over type vehicles...?

I'll stick with the Defender and maybe get a Golf blue motion or similar, will need something that does 70+ mpg with the ever increasing fuel prices :(
  • BCASL
    BCASL Registered Posts: 64 Regular contributor ⭐
    Black belt and instructor in Shotokan karate, back in the 90's - bit too tubby now though. Now work with the emergency services team at Silverstone, as a fire and snatch marshal - youtube clip here, thats me driving the JCB - autographs later!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ce0OrHgWhg
  • Dcollins
    Dcollins Registered Posts: 179 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    I've got 2 dogs, and Oakley's right they do take up a lot of time - but probably not as much as 4 kids would.

Do a lot of walking (to tire the dogs out), play growly tennis ball thingy (that's more the dogs' hobby than mine), and go to the gym a couple of times a week (no dogs allowed - ha ha).

I love reading, and my creative outlet is competitive quilting - yes there are quilt competitions. I tell myself it's the taking part that matters, but is it bad to really want a trophy?

Leonag - you make my life seem so serene (or is it dull) - how do you find time for everything?
  • Daz1865
    Daz1865 Registered Posts: 67 Regular contributor ⭐
    Binge drinking and Planking are two favourites of mine.
  • blobbyh
  • katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    DCollins I may need to get some advice from you!! I have made a patchwork quilt for my god daughter but haven't been brave enough to piece it together. The blinding is confusing too :-)
  • Lynn S
    Lynn S Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
    Besides working 3 days a week, I am mum to 3 children aged 10, 9 & 2. Have 2 cats.

We have recently got an allotment which takes up quite a bit of time, although we have already had salad stuff from it. I also have a creative side, making jewellery, and knitting hats, gloves, scarves and baby clothes which I sell at craft/school fayres etc.

Also have a 1973 VW Beetle called Bertie. Love driving round in him, he runs really well although his bodywork needs a bit of attention...much like mine!

Hoping to start a Payroll evening course in Sept

Lynn
Privacy Policy