New Self-Employed doesn't know the UTR

MoneySavingBank
MoneySavingBank Registered Posts: 143 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Good afternoon,

First of all, thank you so much for your support here over last year and so. Sometimes I don't reply or ask questions but I always read your questions and answers here.

I still remember asking those questions like how can I get clients etc ect? As You can see I have patients with this. I am getting clients gradually and its getting bigger. I will be getting an office very soon.

I will keep you guys updated about it.

Today's Point:

I have got a self-employed client. I have got all the detials for AGENTS FORM 64-8 but the client doesn't know his UTR number? I have already sent the form to CAAT.

Could you please advise me how can I get the UTR number and how do I process his Tax Return without UTR?

Your advice is always appreciated.

Kind regards,

MSB

Comments

• Anne Boleyn
    Anne Boleyn Registered Posts: 196 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    No UTR

Hi

Is this client newly self employed? If they are then on the 64-8 tick the box that says that the UTR is not yet received.

If they've been self employed for a while but doesn't know their UTR it will be on all correspondence from HMRC. Failing that get your client to ring HMRC and ask for it to be sent to them.

Sorry I've just realised that you've already sent the form off. What did you put in the UTR and NI boxes?

As far as I know you can't file online without a UTR but you might be able to file on paper before 31/10. Hopefully others can put me right on this point.
  • MoneySavingBank
    MoneySavingBank Registered Posts: 143 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Anne,

Thanks for your quick reply.

My new client is not a new self-employed. He is self-employed for a while.

Regards,

MSB
  • Anne Boleyn
    Anne Boleyn Registered Posts: 196 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi

In that case ask him to check correspondence from HMRC. It will be on the top of letters etc. Or he could give them a ring and ask them to forward it. I assume they won't tell him over the phone.
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    Rozzi Rainbow Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    If you leave it a few days for CAAT to process, then check your agent online filing account. If they've added him to your list, they will have included his UTR.
Privacy Policy