MAAT but never recorded my CPD now i want to apply for MIP

Options
mahdi87
mahdi87 Registered Posts: 121 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Hi guys

i am a bit in trouble here, i want to apply for MIP but i never attended any event nor filled up my CPD online what can i do so the AAT can proccess my MIP application.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    what can i do?
    Do some CPD? ;)

Seriously, you don't have to attend events to be doing CPD. Reading reputable stuff on tinterwebs also counts. I am sure you could fill up at least some of your CPD log if you think about it. Remember, you don't have to do x number of hours a year, you need to complete the cycle. Ok, you are supposed to do the cycle as you go along and not backdate it, and CPD is even more important when you're a MIP so you do need to start doing it properly, but you can at least make a start, then do some CPD, then you will be able to complete your MIP application.
  • mahdi87
    mahdi87 Registered Posts: 121 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Do some CPD? ;)

lool i like this bit.... ok i will try to write something thanks ever so much

I dont get how to start this CPD!! guys any tips pleasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssse :-)
  • Raging Pineapples
    Raging Pineapples Registered Posts: 110 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    It's actually really easy, I look at things in two halves:

1. Stuff you do now

2. Stuff you want to do in the future (a.k.a. goals)

List out every task you do right now in your current job. Think about (assess) each one - are there any gaps in your knowledge or confidence? If it involves anything to do with the budget, chances are you'll have to keep yourself up-to-date and research any of the budget changes that have an effect on your work. Once you've decided what areas you need to brush up on, plan ways to do it. They don't have to be courses and seminars, they can be just looking up a certain subject on the HMRC website, reading AAT magazine, asking someone you work with who knows and can teach you, anything like that. Then once you've done it, evaluate whether you think your measures were sufficient, and if not, make a note that you'll carry on that research in the next CPD cycle.

Then think of goals. You want to become an MIP, and one issue is CPD. So mention that on your CPD. Your posting this thread is one action you've taken, so when the thread is finished, evaluate how successful it was. Do you feel you now know enough to get up to speed on the CPD and qualify as a MIP?

You'll likely realise that to be a MIP you need to comply with Money Laundering Regulations. Do you know what they are and how to comply? If not, that's another learning need, and one you can fill by studying the MIP MLR guidelines on the AAT website. Again, at the end, evaluate: did you understand it? If not, maybe post a thread on here and try and clarify your understanding.

I think you'll find that for the most part, you're doing all the CPD you need to just because it's common sense. The AAT just ask you to record it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and download Firefox if you don't already own it. AAT's online CPD record only works on Firefox... ... Yes, I know, that's what I thought too...
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Chris, that was a really good post, thank you.
Privacy Policy