PEV paper based exam June 2011

Options
oh confused one
oh confused one Registered Posts: 128 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Does anyone (who is being taught in a college) have any heads up as to what may be included on this paper sometimes tutors have an inkling going on past experiences. I am doing it as a resit and now exam panic has set in BIG TIME as I only need this to qualify

Comments

• Woooof
    Woooof Registered Posts: 174 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Nobody knows what is going to be included even if they attend college, it can be anything in the syllabus for that unit.

Best thing to do is practice previous papers and find which areas you need to improve to become competent. If there is one particular part you are struggling with many people on this forum can help :)
  • oh confused one
    oh confused one Registered Posts: 128 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Woooof wrote: ยป
    Nobody knows what is going to be included even if they attend college, it can be anything in the syllabus for that unit.

Best thing to do is practice previous papers and find which areas you need to improve to become competent. If there is one particular part you are struggling with many people on this forum can help :)

Just thought that sometimes turtors with all their years of experience may see a pattern forming - thats all I wasn't intimating that people ACTUALLY know lol
  • flower
    flower Registered Posts: 160 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Our tutors always thought they could see a pattern but always got it wrong.
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    We teach that the business that relies on the past to predict the future is vulnerable to major shocks and to risk
    We saw that the banks that used this had problems
    We would be contradicting our own teaching if we then said that the next exam would have particular questions because of the past

PEV exams are NVQs and must test the whole syllabus - that is a tremendous clue that you won't get on non-NVQ exams.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    You can be sure that Section 1 will include a lot of Standard Costing Variances!
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    print off past papers and practice, practice, practice. as i was going through each past paper i wrote down what was in each and what area i was not so confident on. i would then re-revise that element and have ago at another paper.

there are some similarities in the papers and by doing past papers you will know what the questions are asking. i got to the stage where i was really confident in each section and actually was looking forward to the exam

Tracy
  • exam panic
    exam panic Registered Posts: 157 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    do past paper last 4 years if you confident with them I'm sure you will pass by doing past paper you will learn anyway
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I'm in the same position, this is my last exam and I keep failing it!

I have been reading a lot and doing past papers over and over.

Just got my desk number for the exam and it's No 1, so now I am nervous as I think maybe I will be the only one re-sitting!

Good luck, keep practising we are going to pass this time!!!!
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    i was always no 1 as i was the only one in germany, just keep doing that past papers, you will pass no problems

Tracy
Privacy Policy