deadline approaching - anyone still waiting for providers to contact AAT?

Options
Siobhan Carmel
Siobhan Carmel Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor โญ
Hi All

With the deadline for the old standards fast approaching, is anyone else still waiting for their Distance learning provider to contact the AAT to let them know Unit 10 is complete?

Regards

Siobhan

Comments

• coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Hi All

With the deadline for the old standards fast approaching, is anyone else still waiting for their Distance learning provider to contact the AAT to let them know Unit 10 is complete?

Regards

Siobhan

They've got til December to report results, you just have to have completed the assessment before the end of June.
  • *Jo
    *Jo Registered Posts: 509 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I'm still waiting for Kaplan to give me any feed back on my unit 10 being complete or not. It was submitted a month ago now and i've had to make numerous phone calls just to get them to confirm it was received and sent to an assessor. took them around 3 weeks to send it off after receiving it, and thats after one set of phonecalls which had them telling me "its not lost we just don't know where it is"!!!

Needless to say i'm not a happy bunny.
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    **** me - what a stupid response on their behalf!!!

just keep phoning and ask to speak to the manager, they will soon get sick of you and do something about it.

i hope you kept a copy

Tracy
  • *Jo
    Options
    taskey wrote: ยป
    **** me - what a stupid response on their behalf!!!

just keep phoning and ask to speak to the manager, they will soon get sick of you and do something about it.

i hope you kept a copy

Tracy

Oh yes I kept a copy. They have always been bloody useless with any actual work they have to do. I've asked for little of the so called tution they claimed they provided when selling the course. I'm calling frequently....last call they told me its ok because they can extend the june deadline if needbe!!! I told them this wasn't acceptable neither was their comments that its ok you will have enough time to complete any alterations needed. Their I have the time is alot different to my having the time I should think. Apparently they were shocked at the sheer number of projects they had submitted nearing the deadline which kinda proves the point that they take the fees and make no effort to record how many students are actually finishing the courses. Surely they keep somesort of log of students and courses sold against courses finished!!

Congratulations on you completing your AAT Tracy, must have been extra hard living in Germany. :)
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    thanks Jo, yes it was particularly hard, and it seemed to take forever - but all done now.

i really hope you get yours sorted before the deadline.

Tracy
  • GreenMousey
    GreenMousey Registered Posts: 154 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    *Jo wrote: ยป
    Oh yes I kept a copy. They have always been bloody useless with any actual work they have to do. I've asked for little of the so called tution they claimed they provided when selling the course. I'm calling frequently....last call they told me its ok because they can extend the june deadline if needbe!!! I told them this wasn't acceptable neither was their comments that its ok you will have enough time to complete any alterations needed. Their I have the time is alot different to my having the time I should think. Apparently they were shocked at the sheer number of projects they had submitted nearing the deadline which kinda proves the point that they take the fees and make no effort to record how many students are actually finishing the courses. Surely they keep somesort of log of students and courses sold against courses finished!!

I had the same problem with my Unit 10, although I'm on the new standards, it took them 9 weeks to get back to me on the second draft, realised I was over time, rang the AAT who said it wasn't my fault as I'd not been working on it for 16 weeks and that the provider can length the period of assessment. They've now put my deadline as November 2011. I want this out of the way asap and yet they just don't care! Sent my 3rd draft off (Just had to increase word count) and awaiting their reply. Due to ONE tutor doing all the ICAS and Unit 10 reports they're taking even longer than before!

Still awaiting them to send me back my portfolio they asked to "borrow" for Intermediate level and a visit by the external verifier.

I'm beyond fed up with them, also still awaiting the result of the 'project' part of my L4 credit management CBA.

Never once have they sent me anything back in a timely manor nor been very helpful on the phone, I've never even dared to use their "Tutor service" because they can't even do the basics right. Whenever I ring to complain I'm just fobbed off with "oh it'll be fine" type answer!...rant over!

Hope they get back to you soon though & good luck x
  • *Jo
    Options
    Yes GM that "it will be fine" answer is starting to wear a little thin. I have informed them my student membership is up at the end of June so I want it back completed by then. If I have to do any additional work there will not be enough time to do it.
  • Siobhan Carmel
    Siobhan Carmel Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Hi Folks

So I am not the only one then! Frankly I have found them quite abrupt as well, when I have had to contact them.

Siobhan
  • *Jo
    Options
    I shall be putting in a formal complaint to the AAT if this continues. Its a shame because it makes the qualification look flawed when the course providers are so inadequate.
  • GreenMousey
    GreenMousey Registered Posts: 154 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    *Jo wrote: ยป
    I shall be putting in a formal complaint to the AAT if this continues. Its a shame because it makes the qualification look flawed when the course providers are so inadequate.

I don't blame you, it's got to the point where I want a certificate, when I qualify, from Kaplan for just getting my results back!
  • *Jo
    Options
    Maybe they want the certificate for all their **cough cough** hard work in getting you qualified lol.
Privacy Policy