Home For accounting professionals General accounting discussion
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Overpaid VAT

sjkrsjkr Feels At HomeMAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 74

If somebody who pays VAT on the flat rate system accidentally overpays, is there any way that it can be reclaimed from HMRC?



  • MonsoonMonsoon Font Of All Knowledge FMAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 4,071
    Presumably you can adjust it on the next return like any normal VAT error, subject to the same rules.
  • sjkrsjkr Feels At Home MAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 74
    Thanks, that's as I thought!
Sign In or Register to comment.