Advice on what to do next.....

Options
harperd567
harperd567 Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
Hi all, I'm in a dilemma as to what the next in terms of career progression. I have completed foundation and intermediate aat but have no office or accounts experience what so ever so finding a job in that sector is proving near impossible. However, I've just been offered voluntary work as an Administrator which will hopefully pay dividends regarding employability. I'm just asking advice on what to do next; i want to go back to college in September to study either, technician aat, a payroll course or some kind of Administration course. I’m not sure if I should leave technician level 4 until I’m actually in an accounts based role. I would be most grateful if anyone could help.

Comments

• pirate
    pirate Registered Posts: 469 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi there
    I am not in an accountancy roll and am almost complete with Level 4.
    It really depends what your aims are, if you want to be in accounts then it will help if you have completed the study and if you can do it alongside your job then it probably best to finish it.
    some people doing AAT are doing it alongside an accountancy job and at college, some alongside other jobs, some distance and so on.
    Once you have worked as a voluntary administrator you can decide if you like this sort of work and have a look around for what is available work wise for administrators. Then decide if this course if more suitable for you
Privacy Policy