Tax Ajusters - Capital Allowances

smellybumsmum Registered Posts: 5 Regular contributor ⭐ 😼 ⭐

I've just taken on a new client and there are making a Capital Allowance claim through a third party company called Tax Adjusters. Tax Adjusters have contacted me to request that I amend the 2009/10 Tax Return and Tax Computations making allowances for their adjustments to the Capital Allowance pool.

I've never dealt with anything like this before and the Chartered Accountant (a friend) that passed the client on to me has warned me about changing the returns etc.

Anyone had any experience of this and can pass on any advice?

It is allowed by the AAT to amend previous returns in this way?

Thanks in advance.



  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809
    It is fairly standard procedure to make these claims. Specialist firms of surveyors will quantify the fixed plant within a building for which you can make additional capital allowances claims. If your client has given you permission to act in accordance with their instruction you are perfectly entitled to amend the self assessment.
  • smellybumsmum
    smellybumsmum Registered Posts: 5 Regular contributor ⭐ 😼 ⭐
    Thank you, just wanted to double check.
Privacy Policy