exam results

Options
clarlou76
clarlou76 Registered Posts: 11 Regular contributor ⭐
i did my ap 1 this evening and i still have no results on my aat page, has this happened to anyone else???

Comments

• coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I think there's part of AP1 that depends on AP2 so you can't pass AP1 until you pass AP2 as well (if that makes sense) so if you've only done one of the papers it will be showing as Not yet competent.
  • kirstym01
    kirstym01 Registered Posts: 43 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I dont think thats right coojee, I done my AP1 in March and the results were available instantly and showed as competent even though I haven't yet done AP2.
    Might be worth you ringing AAT clarlou76 if you still haven't had your result, although something is telling me you may have to wait up to 48 hours, or have I dreamt that?! Are you looking in the right place to get your result? Might sound obvious but I was expecting it to be on the main myAAT page, but it wasn't!

Goodluck, let us know if you find it!
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    kirstym01 wrote: »
    I dont think thats right coojee, I done my AP1 in March and the results were available instantly and showed as competent even though I haven't yet done AP2.
    Might be worth you ringing AAT clarlou76 if you still haven't had your result, although something is telling me you may have to wait up to 48 hours, or have I dreamt that?! Are you looking in the right place to get your result? Might sound obvious but I was expecting it to be on the main myAAT page, but it wasn't!

Goodluck, let us know if you find it!

Quote taken from the AAT's guide to Accounts Prep 1

"Once API is achieved the following units will be awarded
    Accounting for fixed assets (skills)
    Extending the trial balance using accounting adjustments (skills)
    The following unit is assessed in both API and APII and will only be awarded once both API and APII have been achieved.
    Principles of accounts preparation (knowledge)"

This means you can't achieve AP 1 until you've achieved AP 2, 2 of the 3 units in AP1 will be competent but you can't be competent in the 3rd until you've done AP2. I don't know how you managed to pass AP 1 without having done AP 2, that sounds wrong as I know several students who have done AP 1 and are waiting to achieve it because they haven't done AP 2, they're competent in ETBS and AFAS but not PAPK. PAPK is also assessed in AP 2.
  • kirstym01
    kirstym01 Registered Posts: 43 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I don't know coojee but on my results on myaat it says AP1 competent :/ and I know the rest of us at college that done it all said the same as we took it on the same day and all logged in to get our results as soon as we had finished, not sure what has happened here then!
  • Nia
    Nia Registered Posts: 72 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I sat APII last Tuesday (last exam at Level 3), received a competent result at college but am still waiting for the result to show on myaat.
    My API result appeared within a few minutes of finishing the exam, a few weeks ago.
    The other person doing APII with me is also waiting for her result but other students taking cash management at the same time got their results on myatt straight away.
    I've been told results can take a week to appear on myatt, so am not too bothered at the moment....
  • Sammmy88
    Sammmy88 Registered Posts: 283 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I took my AP1 yesterday and it appears on MyAAT as 'Not Yet Competant' is that because I have to wait until I do my AP2 to see if they both go as 'Comptetant' or not??
    Level 2 - Passed 2011
    Level 3 - Passed 2012
    Level 4 - Passed 2014

Awaiting to start CIMA :)
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    AP1 will show as competent when you achieve the 70% required.

It may take a few minutes to up date or a few days. Your test centre may have been able to give you a slip of paper which shows that you are competent/not yet competent.

The Statement of Achievement will show AP1 as competent even if you have not yet sat AP2. However as coojee has mentioned above 'The Principles of accounts preparation unit is assessed in API and APII and will only be awarded once both API and APII have been achieved'.

Hope this helps make the position a little clearer.
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • JaffasGirl
    JaffasGirl Registered Posts: 387 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    kirstym01 wrote: »
    I don't know coojee but on my results on myaat it says AP1 competent :/ and I know the rest of us at college that done it all said the same as we took it on the same day and all logged in to get our results as soon as we had finished, not sure what has happened here then!

I think you might be misunderstanding what Coojee means. On the section that says 'exam results' you will be shown as competent in AP1, BUT on your statement of achievement there will be one part of AP1 left as 'not yet competent' which will be updated as and when you pass AP2. So you are competent in the areas assessed by AP1 alone, but not those that are assessed by both, as you can't be until you pass both exams.

It was exactly the same for BA1 and BA2, i was not yet competent in one of the units of BA1 until i had passed BA2. You've still passed the exam, just not that unit quite yet.
Privacy Policy