Bookkeeping work whilst studying

Jackiey Registered Posts: 9 Regular contributor ⭐ 😼 ⭐

I am in the early stages of AAT and I would like to get some bookkeeping experience. I work at a firm of accountants (secretarial/office management) and my boss has kindly agreed to oversee my work.

I have been asked to do the bookkeeping for a small business. What is the best way for me to do this? Is it possible to (as my boss suggests) do this without going through my current employers?

From old forum posts and it seems like if I don’t go through my current employers then I would have to:

1) Register for MLR with HMRC (Cost £95) (I can’t register as MIP as I haven’t completed my AAT)

2) Get PI insurance (cost approx £50)

Your thoughts on this would be appreciated.
Privacy Policy